Auction: Large Stone Age Red Iron Oxide Footed Pot

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is currently the largest sized stone age pot I am making. (eventually I will have larger ones)
This is a very solid and heavy pot that is made from a iron red clay body that has an exceptionally low absorption. It is fired, has a heavy red iron oxide wash, and fired again to cone 6 for full vitrification and thus freeze proof. Personally, I think it is great and I don't generally pat my own back. It is overall 12 x 13 inches standing with its irregular edge at 2-3/4 to 4 inches tall. Inside, the depth varies from 2 to 3 inches. This pot would be great with a clump or forest planting, but also for just about anything else.
Bidding starts at a low $60. Shipping is on the buyer. Last one I shipped was $42 (halfway across the country) for shipping as it is heavy and requires an oversized box. Payment can be either by PayPal or a check or postal mo. Auction Ends Sunday the 19th at 9:00 pm.

IMG_7334.JPGIMG_7335.JPGIMG_7336.JPGIMG_7337.JPGIMG_7338.JPGIMG_7339.JPGIMG_7340.JPGIMG_7341.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not even a looker? I will leave it here until Sunday and then move it to FB.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will no longer be available here this evening.
I am a bit surprised because everyone wants larger pots and all the smaller ones are selling.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like the pot but shipping is almost as much as the pot is a problem for me. Just saying.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the pot but shipping is almost as much as the pot is a problem for me. Just saying.
I get it. The shippers are taking us to the cleaners. I should have just listed it as a buy it now for $100 with free shipping.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I am a bit surprised because everyone wants larger pots and all the smaller ones are selling.
I like the pot a lot but the color is not what I am looking for .

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same here. I like the shape and color of the one you bought.
I get it but at the Kannapolis show most people gravitated toward the red iron oxide pots.
I do have a couple more large ones I was going to put on FB, but I will list those 2 pots here first. Perhaps later today and if not, tomorrow.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I get it but at the Kannapolis show most people gravitated toward the red iron oxide pots.
I do have a couple more large ones I was going to put on FB, but I will list those 2 pots here first. Perhaps later today and if not, tomorrow.
Still going to put the other two on here for a bit?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I liked the pot too, but just bought one of yours and have to dig up more money. No worries, have things to sell. Sure like the one of yours you just sent me. Can we talk about how to apply iron oxide washes? Thanks

Top Bottom