Anyone collecting around the central Oregon coast?

Chris Swink

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I am moving to Florence Oregon next week and was wondering if there were any Oregon coast collectors on the site. I have already been in contact with all of the ranger stations on the coast and have received great information on transplanting permits and all. Just wondering if anyone had hands on experience with shore pine. Hemlock. Sitka Spruce etc.

Chris

Chris Swink

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I am moving to Florence Oregon next week and was wondering if there were any Oregon coast collectors on the site. I have already been in contact with all of the ranger stations on the coast and have received great information on transplanting permits and all. Just wondering if anyone had hands on experience with shore pine. Hemlock. Sitka Spruce etc.

Chris
Well. I guess I am the only one that is now. Starting out small at first. One needs to understand the nature of the beast and how to tame it for survival before going for the big game. None the less these little trees if they survive will make wonderful shohin coastal trees. Douglas fir and shore pine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 18

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bet you have some great specimens in Michigan though
Really great trees to collect are few and far between. I look at countless trees in the course of the day. I do find an occasional nugget though.

Top Bottom