Chaenomeles 'Kurokoji' trouble finding this, anyone have one i might be able buy or any leads?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
Been trying find fee plants I'd like work with this one " Chaenomeles 'Kurokoji' " I'd really like to find but all sources via google show either it listed as reference or unavailable. Would anyone have a rooted cutting or anything leqd wise where i might be able get one.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Been trying find fee plants I'd like work with this one " Chaenomeles 'Kurokoji' " I'd really like to find but all sources via google show either it listed as reference or unavailable. Would anyone have a rooted cutting or anything leqd wise where i might be able get one.
I know Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks was out this particular year, but its probable that unless he has a mass failure with the stock that it would be returning to their site at some point in the future. When I was shorted the 'Kurokoji' on my last order I was substituted 'Kuro' with the option to refund, despite being a tad sad I wasn't getting the most tenebrous flowers possible, I kept it. Ultimately though, its a very similar cultivar with better growth habits in his opinion, so I've been very pleased with 'Kuro' as well!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
I know Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks was out this particular year, but its probable that unless he has a mass failure with the stock that it would be returning to their site at some point in the future. When I was shorted the 'Kurokoji' on my last order I was substituted 'Kuro' with the option to refund, despite being a tad sad I wasn't getting the most tenebrous flowers possible, I kept it. Ultimately though, its a very similar cultivar with better growth habits in his opinion, so I've been very pleased with 'Kuro' as well!
Yea , that's where I saw it but sadly the flower colors are noticeably darker and texture is abit different with kurokoji versus kuro. Evergreen Gardenworks has it listed not until 2025 sadly . I did send a email asking just in case but that was few hours ago so i dont expect any idea for time being since ik many nurseries are busy this time of year. Just frustrating that some plant cultivars are seemingly rarely sold or so hard to find . Ik thats life but figured, maybe someone here might have spare one to sell or a lead of any elsewhere that i might not have seen. I am hopefullygetting 2 other ones from EvergreenGardenworks once they email back quote on them shipped. They have quite few other cultivars that are nice also.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
A little bit of thread necromancy here.... But I was looking at the catalogue and pondering making more quince exposed roots for next year and took a little glance at 'Kurokoji'. It looks like he expects they will be available in 2025 again :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
A little bit of thread necromancy here.... But I was looking at the catalogue and pondering making more quince exposed roots for next year and took a little glance at 'Kurokoji'. It looks like he expects they will be available in 2025 again :)
Yes, thanks. I did hear this from Evergreen Gardenworks that they should have some by 2025, has been posted above in orignal comment, or did you find another place also. Hard to sit tight and wait but learning often that's all we can do and hope that those places that will have them propagating to have success and no crop failures happen. Thanks for update also though. Wishing everyone a great year wirh thier plants or at the least no major set backs or issues that can't be remedied well.

Top Bottom