Anybody ever done an emergency repot in winter ?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good news!
Bad news!
I found some vole activity on my hawthorn!
The snow receded from rain and I found it with quite a lot of damage. No complete girdling but most of the buds were eate off. We've had so much before it snowed that I think the molemax may have washed away.
I immediately started tossing mothballs around and set some traps. So far one V.C. confirmed dead in one trap. She looked pregnant. I haven't gotten another and haven't seen anymore damage but I'm freaking out.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We've had so much before it snowed that I think the molemax may have washed away.

I am going on my 4th application this Winter. When things defrost in between the cold snaps we have I find most all critters get active for a brief period. So far, again this season no problems noticed except for a large bulb pot planting that I had missed but treated since.
I guess my application method is similar to when I used to use Copper Fungicide, pretty much weather dependent...

Grimmy

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Bad news!
I found some vole activity on my hawthorn!
The snow receded from rain and I found it with quite a lot of damage. No complete girdling but most of the buds were eate off. We've had so much before it snowed that I think the molemax may have washed away.
I immediately started tossing mothballs around and set some traps. So far one V.C. confirmed dead in one trap. She looked pregnant. I haven't gotten another and haven't seen anymore damage but I'm freaking out.
Get you some minks?!?!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
i had some rodents digging in my trees in the garage last winter, went to the hardware store and got this
1636052040925.png
its mint scented and they didn't come back after, natural too

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yeah, not ready for new growth until April. This is the first time wintering indoors I have ever had a problem, other than a mouse making a nest in a box of Akadama. Outdoors I have gotten my ass kicked by all kinds of rodents.

A great way to deal with rodents is with poison bait. I highly recommend it.
"JUST ONE BITE" is the brand.

ebay has it, too.

Top Bottom