Another Pro Nana Literati

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I totally disagree. The second picture in the series from July (after the tree was trimmed) makes a gorgeous front IMO.
Yep, that was the original plan, but I am kind of moving towards making the new front focus on the deadwood more... That is part of the reason I wanted to keep this one in an oval pot though- it looks cool from different angles.

@jriddell88 no plans to remove that lower branch. I need to keep as much growth on that side of the tree as possible to keep the live vein strong, and I like the drop branch personally. Thank you for your input though! There are plenty of options for this tree and I may reduce that branch some one day. I certainly plan to tweak it a bit later this year!

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yep, that was the original plan, but I am kind of moving towards making the new front focus on the deadwood more... That is part of the reason I wanted to keep this one in an oval pot though- it looks cool from different angles.

@jriddell88 no plans to remove that lower branch. I need to keep as much growth on that side of the tree as possible to keep the live vein strong, and I like the drop branch personally. Thank you for your input though! There are plenty of options for this tree and I may reduce that branch some one day. I certainly plan to tweak it a bit later this year!
I love working with material like this..always a fun and challenging experience. Have fun!

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The drop branch creates conflict, which I suppose is a good thing for literati. It's a bit full of foliage for literati though. I think once it grows out and you prune it back you could reduce the pads a little and create something a little more sparse.

Reaction score
How do you like this one?
Photo sucks, as I am super handy with computerstuff. ...NOT!

Attachments

• IMG_20160204_201113.jpg
    IMG_20160204_201113.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom