Another bonsai pot experiment

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Here is an attempt at making a pot for bonsai. If we make more I'll probably glaze the whole thing instead of showing the clay at the bottom. Also, I glazed the inside which I probably shouldn't have done.

IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1444.JPG IMG_1445.JPG IMG_1446.JPG

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like it, those colors are great!
I do agree that you shouldn't glaze the inside...roots like to grip onto something.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now that is pretty.

if the internal glaze is a problem, as in root gripping , though the shape looks
more like a lock in. Just use a miniature grinding tool and take out a band or two
of glaze.

We actually use porous pots with external glazes, but not the bottom part to keep
the Chinese serissa healthy.
But remember, down here,Tropics, no frost.
Good Day
Anthony

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Now that is pretty.

if the internal glaze is a problem, as in root gripping , though the shape looks
more like a lock in. Just use a miniature grinding tool and take out a band or two
of glaze.

We actually use porous pots with external glazes, but not the bottom part to keep
the Chinese serissa healthy.
But remember, down here,Tropics, no frost.
Good Day
Anthony
Yes, that exactly what I had in mind. Glazed down to even the feet with just the inside and bottom exposed.

The clay we use is bone white once fired so it can be very shocking to look at without something planted inside, however I believe it will stain beautifully once put in use.

Top Bottom