Aleppo pine seeds

Brockie1996

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi!

I’m growing some Aleppo pines from seeds, I planted some in this mini propagation tank I bought which comes with an LED grow light in the lid. A few of them have sprouted and seem to be growing strong they only got planted 10 days ago!

My questions here are will they drop their seed cases on their own? One of them (the biggest one) seems to have drooped over quite a lot! Will it pick itself back up once the case drops or do I have to pick the case off?

Secondly, at which point is it okay to leave the lid fully off and have them under grow lights?

Thank you in advance 😊

Attachments

• IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 3
The lid should never go on with pines. The lid can keep things too damp for their taste and they will wilt.

All pines should drop their seed casing on their own, but you can always softly pull it off if they don't. You might snap a few needle tips though.

Grow lights.. What can I say.. If you don't know exactly what you're doing, I think its better to stay with sunlight. If you have no sunny places available, it will be very difficult and possibly impossible to grow pines for a longer period of time.

The lid should never go on with pines. The lid can keep things too damp for their taste and they will wilt.

All pines should drop their seed casing on their own, but you can always softly pull it off if they don't. You might snap a few needle tips though.

Grow lights.. What can I say.. If you don't know exactly what you're doing, I think it’s better to stay with sunlight. If you have no sunny places available, it will be very difficult and possibly impossible to grow pines for a longer period of time.
Thank you for your reply! So I think it must have been literally ready to drop off as I softly pulled the case and it came straight off with no resistance at all and the needles slid out! It’s now lifted itself back up and opened out 😊

They’re currently on a windowsill which gets full sunlight from 10am right through till sunset. I think I’m going to keep the lid of the propagation tank off now as they’re starting to push out more 😊

This is them today, 6 growing strong but there are 12 seeds in there currently. when will they be okay to repot into separate pots with better soil?

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom