Adventure into the avant-garde

I think stainless and heat. Black and blue??
you can get from purple-blue-pink to straw colors. I have not done so, but I have seen it done. The problem is that it is very hard to get exact colors unlike anodizing.

you can get from purple-blue-pink to straw colors. I have not done so, but I have seen it done. The problem is that it is very hard to get exact colors unlike anodizing.
That’s what cool about it. Not that dissimilar from glazing a pot. How permanent is the color?

That’s what cool about it. Not that dissimilar from glazing a pot. How permanent is the color?
should be permanent... it normally discolorates on the cars because of the heat, Ive never worked on it for water contact before so I wouldn't be able to say.

As promised.......Right here on our stage......a reeeeally big shew!!

I'm tempted to put this in a wooden box for the summer and super-feed it water/fertilizer and let it blow up the wooden box. It grows about 4 feet, twice over the growing season with that regime.

IMG_4621.JPG

As promised.......Right here on our stage......a reeeeally big shew!!

I'm tempted to put this in a wooden box for the summer and super-feed it water/fertilizer and let it blow up the wooden box. It grows about 4 feet, twice over the growing season with that regime.

View attachment 488032
Wow, that is fantastic, love it.

So this year no broken pot. It was watered like all the other trees. It wasn’t sitting in a tray of water.

The first tree photo is from last year. The growth was 4-5 feet long when pruned for the first time July 1 and about the same in mid August. The second photo is today and its growth has extended about 6 inches. Quite a difference. The watering is a pot breaker!! I’m going to make a wooden grow pot for summer and use the ceramic for flowering.

IMG_1710.jpegIMG_1709.jpeg

Curious to see the flowering in spring. I ha understood that for flowers, unlimited water in summer is key. (And I cannot get mine to flower!)

Curious to see the flowering in spring. I ha understood that for flowers, unlimited water in summer is key. (And I cannot get mine to flower!)
You may be confused about which year for what photo. The flowering photo is a result of last years watering/fertilizing which was the first photo in post #67. I may not get flowers next year unless I make the wooden grow pot and start the watering/fertilizer regime.

You may be confused about which year for what photo. The flowering photo is a result of last years watering/fertilizing which was the first photo in post #67. I may not get flowers next year unless I make the wooden grow pot and start the watering/fertilizer regime.
I don't know if I asked, but do you have Mirai account? On the Ume stream just posted he was talking about flowering and fruiting trees, and how different supplementations had an impact on flowers. That he thought it was water related, but in the end it was nutrient. The Ume tree he was working on failed to flower for years, and after all the adjustments to the supplementation this year it flowered like crazy. One thing to consider.

I don't know if I asked, but do you have Mirai account? On the Ume stream just posted he was talking about flowering and fruiting trees, and how different supplementations had an impact on flowers. That he thought it was water related, but in the end it was nutrient. The Ume tree he was working on failed to flower for years, and after all the adjustments to the supplementation this year it flowered like crazy. One thing to consider.
I use Dyna-grow as fertilizer mostly for the micro nutrients in it. I'm probably gonna leave it in this pot for the year and see what happens in the spring. No flowers----I'll make a grow pot.
The fertilizing regime was a tablespoon of dyna-grow in the water tray once a week. Sometimes that water tray was filled up twice a day.

I use Dyna-grow as fertilizer mostly for the micro nutrients in it. I'm probably gonna leave it in this pot for the year and see what happens in the spring. No flowers----I'll make a grow pot.
The fertilizing regime was a tablespoon of dyna-grow in the water tray once a week. Sometimes that water tray was filled up twice a day.
Don't quote me... I think it was one of the macro nutrients that was halting the trees from flowering. I'll have to listen to the stream again, but I think it was something to do with the synergy between potassium and phosphorous.

Don't quote me... I think it was one of the macro nutrients that was halting the trees from flowering. I'll have to listen to the stream again, but I think it was something to do with the synergy between potassium and phosphorous.
A high n:p ratio reduces flowering in many plants.

Well upon closer examination the tree was actually suffering. Growth tips were dieing back and older growth browning.

The pot is slightly larger than the ceramic pot and is made from larch. Larch is naturally very rot resistant because of its high ratio of pitch in its structure. It’s very sticky to work with and pitch will ooze when the sun hits it. Let’s see how it progresses given its regular watering/fertilizing regime. I think there’s still time for some vigorous growth.

IMG_1725.jpeg

So it has been no more than a half hour since I filled the water tray. Take a look at the water level compared to post 74.

IMG_1727.jpeg

I lied!!!! The Tupperware in post #75 had a hole in it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I got a new tray and now, 3 weeks later the tree is starting to recover and putting on some growth. Not sure it’ll be enough time for good bud setting, so I may leave it in the wood pot for next year. I think this proves my hypothesis. Water/fertilizer makes pots explode however makes for big time flowers.

IMG_1760.jpeg

Well three years and three pots broke. I checked this pot for dunts and it was just fine. It also had an extra thick walls. I've come to the conclusion that its my growing method and not defective pots. It sits in a tray of water about 2 inches deep. It will suck that up before noon. I've read that they can become so root bound that the only way to get water in is through the bottom. This however is not that root bound but it does promote vigorous growth........apparently too much. Anybody else have experience with this? Any insights?

View attachment 444853View attachment 444854
your pots are amazing.... but seem to be cursed

Back
Top Bottom