Acer palmatum var. beni chidori

Yep that looks like the one! really jealous of it

Just spoke to the current owner (he's in Ontario). He sent the attached photo - please don't re-post it anywhere.

He tried to take a cutting, but it failed. I'm trying to talk him into air layering a sacrifice branch.

I'm trying to hook him up with a nursery who could propagate that tree and share profits with him, but he doesn't seem too interested.

D

Attachments

• 20180528_142118.jpg
    20180528_142118.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 106
I talked to nebonsai about importing one for me but i don’t think they want the hassle

Canada Bonsai had some of that variety this spring. canadabonsai.com both seedlings and developed trees. They might have some seedlings left.

Two weeks? thats rough as well, Where does it quarantine? Yeah I was set up to buy some prebonsai on the release date at 8pm, and then when i checked out at like 805 one of the main deshojo's i wanted was already gone so i had to go back and buy another. Did get a pretty small beni chidori seedling though which is pretty awesome.

That is good man. It is my dream to have a benichidori. Haven’t been able to find it. You have to have a greenhouse set up and get a permit. I am trying to get a nursery to do it for me but its rough.

I would fly to England in the winter and buy a very small one from Peter Chan and bring it in my luggage bare root. Customs would never suspect.
But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom