$60 Yard Sale Haul!!!!

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Did you know there would be pots to go for?

yeah my in-laws saw bonsai books and called me. I told them to ask about pots and they said they were selling “a couple” for $5 each.

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wonder if one has a loved one who passed...or bought a storage locker to clean out?

That is mind blowing the haul you took home.
The family had just moved in to this house and the basement was completely full of stuff l. They just wanted it gone :)

My lucky day

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My thoughts, exactly.

I’ve seen this sort of fire sale thing happen with the contents of workshops, and gun collections, upon the death of a husband.
Right. I'm not being facetious. It's not a matter of did somebody, but who.
Too bad there's no trees to show for the dedication that was worn.
Would be right up the thread about our trees when we die. Hopefully the previous owners
family found homes for them, but...
Some history would be a nice accompaniment with the haul, often third party and not available
but I certainly would inquire.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The family had just moved in to this house and the basement was completely full of stuff l. They just wanted it gone :)

My lucky day
So probably impossible to get any history. Too bad, but quite a haul indeed.
You must have gotten like 6 wire cutters? You make us drool. Like winning a small lottery.
Someone said you must be a good dude... ⚖

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice find and if they just wanted it gone they won also. A "win-win". Enjoy!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

BINGO! Quite a valuable bargain. May take awhile before you can even realize how big a one🤣🤪! The tools alone; several worth at least $50-60 each.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just shows where your $400 signed bonsai pots will go once you pass . This is not as unusual as it might seem. You're surviving relatives are probably not going to farm out your collection of pots, etc. to get the highest bid (unless you are a pretty well known "name" and have connections). More than likely, your valuable pots and other stuff is going to wind up in a garage sale. Squeezing the value out of bonsai pots is not a burden your relatives are going to shoulder, for the most part. That job is pretty much up to the original owner before they depart...Just sayin...

Top Bottom