Where can I find famous bonsai tree pictures and their stories?

I like ceramics

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm doing a school project and I plan to do mine on bonsai and it's history, so I'm trying to find pics of some famous trees, along with their stories and artists. I've been told to look at Kokofu-ten books, I however have none and kinda need digital pictures to be able to put in a presentation.

I also know very little about the famous and "best" trees from Japan and the rest of the world and know very few artists so whilst I'm at it I'm trying to improve my own bonsai history and community knowledge and hopefully gain ideas for my own trees.

What trees would you also recommend to use in the presentation, or what is your favourite tree that you think shows the meaning of "good tree"?

Finally what artists should I follow? I'd love to fill my social media feeds with trees.

Any help would be awesome.

I'm doing a school project and I plan to do mine on bonsai and it's history, so I'm trying to find pics of some famous trees, along with their stories and artists. I've been told to look at Kokofu-ten books, I however have none and kinda need digital pictures to be able to put in a presentation.

I also know very little about the famous and "best" trees from Japan and the rest of the world and know very few artists so whilst I'm at it I'm trying to improve my own bonsai history and community knowledge and hopefully gain ideas for my own trees.

What trees would you also recommend to use in the presentation, or what is your favourite tree that you think shows the meaning of "good tree"?

Finally what artists should I follow? I'd love to fill my social media feeds with trees.

Any help would be awesome.
There are histories of trees a few places.

The National Bonsai and Penjing Museum in Washington DC has many notable trees. Some were originally donated by the government of Japan to the US in 1976 as a bicentennial birthday gift.
If you do a search on the museum's blog using "historic" you will come up with a list of articles on their notable trees. The most famous tree at the museum is the 400-year old Yamaki pine. I listed a Smithsonian magazine article below. There are numerous articles on it out there as well. The other link is to an interesting gift from an unusual source to an unusual place.

Damnit @rockm , you beat me to it šŸ˜‚. I think that tree should be a world heritage tree after what it went through.

Back
Top Bottom