Screwed that quote up on my phone,sorry @Mike Corazzi
Pruned 6 bonsai (not by much)
Filled bird seed feeder
Dumped wastebaskets
Filled mealworm bowl for bluebirds
Sharpened bonsai scissors
Watered lawn
Got groceries
Made lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, Black Forest ham, hard boiled egg, huge salad topped with chunky bleu and ate a bunch.

................Picture?

The 2 pigs who ate the salad. :)

View attachment 547869

But that was at a restaurant and those glasses aren't salad glasses. :p
Sharp! You're a busy man.

20240520_141809.jpg
Sent a pic to Bonsaijack. In the pot is his product from previous years. This year I've noticed a much smaller product
represented in the scoop. Another issue is reviews are through invitation by email only.
Not satisfied with the reply and I never mentioned the review thing. Just brought to his attention that I noticed a change in his product.
Hi Jack xxxx here. I've noticed this year the components I'm sifting prior to blending are much smaller than before. More 3/16" and smaller than 1/4". It's a little more "coarse" than Tiny Roots commercial brand but remarkably small than years prior.
It was suggested that I use eBay if I wanted a more consistent product. Then I sent the pic.

Last edited:
Screwed that quote up on my phone,sorry @Mike Corazzi

Sharp! You're a busy man.

View attachment 547906
Sent a pic to Bonsaijack. In the pot is his product from previous years. This year I've noticed a much smaller product
represented in the scoop. Another issue is reviews are through invitation by email only.
Not satisfied with the reply and I never mentioned the review thing. Just brought to his attention that I noticed a change in his product.

It was suggested that I use eBay if I wanted a more consistent product. Then I sent the pic.
My last order, I got a completely different soil. It still appears to be good soil though. 🤷‍♂️

Oh boy, if Bonsai Jack has gone down in quality I'm screwed.
Quality of components has not changed I don’t think.
To be fair I’ll include his replies.

Thanks for the message. All of our product is screened between 1/8 and 3/8 of an inch to get a 1/4 inch average. The raw material receivable very.if you're looking for material screen within 1/16th of an inch you may want to check eBay. There's several smaller sellers that screen is tighter than we can.
Sent the pic and friendly quality reply...

Thanks for the reply. You're correct. It depends on the raw material we receive. For 18 months we had material that was mostly closer to 3/8 inch. The only standardization we can do is screen it between 1/8 and 3/8 in. Some years it'll be mostly 8th inch. It just depends on what comes out of the ground at different times. I wish we could screen everything within a 16th of an inch but it's not cost-effective. One gallon would cost $45. Cut paste is still available on the website but you have to use the search bar. It's hidden and technically discontinued. I think we have 300 tubes left
Having never ordered Turface I'm considering it in place of the Monto Clay. Identical product but Monto is supposed to be 1/4" avoiding trademark terminology interference. But I prefer ALL components close in size to avoid separation and settling. I have enough BJ soil for a couple of years or so.

Oh and I selected my next victim.
20240520_185657.jpg

Canadian tire .chain of stores as Canadian as maple syrup . Started as a wait for it a tire store 😂😂😂😂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Way back . It’s the all round home store in Canada .auto parts . Hardware . Home appliances . Recreational products and garden stuff .

I visited Lodder Bonsai in The Netherlands this weekend.

I did not buy anything after all - I had my wife with me to make sure of that 😉

And seriously - the inexpensive trees were not that attractive for me, as I have better quality unrefined trees at home. The mature trees that I would want, were much above my price range, unfortunately.

I wanted to buy some pots, and my wife helped me here to make the only right decision.

Now I do not know why I traveled 1200 kilometers by car from Poland to The Netherlands with the only goal to buy bonsai trees 🤣🤣🤣

(I'm lying - we visited friends, and went to the tulip exhibition 😉 )

MVIMG_20240518_122625.jpgIMG20240518120543.jpgIMG20240518121235.jpgIMG20240518121548.jpgIMG20240518121520.jpgIMG20240518120628.jpg

MVIMG_20240518_124316.jpg

MVIMG_20240518_124547.jpg
MVIMG_20240518_124431.jpgMVIMG_20240518_124445.jpg
mvimg_20240518_123206-jpg.547945

IMG20240518120852.jpgIMG20240518120608.jpgIMG20240518121556.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20240518_123206.jpg
    MVIMG_20240518_123206.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 151
Built 2 new chairs from a kit . At the cottage Been looking for the kit for a while . Second pic is 20 year old version . Needs some tlc . But still good . Big deal to get them in kit form so there easy to transport there . Chairs are identical . Nothing like a good quality product .

Attachments

• 40AFE273-F4E4-4972-9563-FF8A81DE738F.jpeg
    40AFE273-F4E4-4972-9563-FF8A81DE738F.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 16
  • B4BD033B-E6A3-427A-A371-56D807EDF4A2.jpeg
    B4BD033B-E6A3-427A-A371-56D807EDF4A2.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 15
Quality of components has not changed I don’t think.
To be fair I’ll include his replies.

Sent the pic and friendly quality reply...

Having never ordered Turface I'm considering it in place of the Monto Clay. Identical product but Monto is supposed to be 1/4" avoiding trademark terminology interference. But I prefer ALL components close in size to avoid separation and settling. I have enough BJ soil for a couple of years or so.

Oh and I selected my next victim.
View attachment 547940
Thank you.

Built 2 new chairs from a kit . At the cottage Been looking for the kit for a while . Second pic is 20 year old version . Needs some tlc . But still good . Big deal to get them in kit form so there easy to transport there . Chairs are identical . Nothing like a good quality product .
I love Adirondack chairs. So comfortable to sit in on the deck and enjoy my trees from.

The wood is really nice but doesn't last unfortunately.

I found some sturdy foldable composite plastic ones online a couple of years ago so I could fold them and put them away in the winter.

And seriously - the inexpensive trees were not that attractive for me, as I have better quality unrefined trees at home. The mature trees that I would want, were much above my price range, unfortunately.

I wanted to buy some pots, and my wife helped me here to make the only right decision.

Now I do not know why I traveled 1200 kilometers by car from Poland to The Netherlands with the only goal to buy bonsai trees 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 547947View attachment 547948View attachment 547949View attachment 547950View attachment 547951View attachment 547952

View attachment 547942

View attachment 547941
View attachment 547943View attachment 547944

View attachment 547953View attachment 547956View attachment 547957
That 1400€ price tag is ridiculous. Next time when you are visiting also go to Bonsai Plaza they are very close by. Bonsai Plaza is not necessarily cheaper. They offer less / limited bulk products, more / better material in an intermediate price range, expensive trees and especially their pot selection is far superior. For trees

View attachment 547947View attachment 547948View attachment 547949View attachment 547950View attachment 547951View attachment 547952

View attachment 547942

View attachment 547941
View attachment 547943View attachment 547944

View attachment 547953View attachment 547956View attachment 547957
jzjz.jpeg
> That stand <

Love the JWP 4th pic :)

Next victim...
DSC_1960.JPG

DSC_1961.JPG

DSC_1962.JPG

...is a Kishu shimpaku. I like the 2nd pic style better than 3rd pic, and with time it should get
a good bit closer to that, but with less trespassings. Now to grow it back out and do it again, better equipped.
Jins will be broken downward some, once dried out and silly directions corrected with better interior growth later.
Will probably be sold off before too long. Both bottom live branches are bothering me.
Somebody familiar with styling windswept should have any easy go if it with this one.

I love Adirondack chairs. So comfortable to sit in on the deck and enjoy my trees from.

The wood is really nice but doesn't last unfortunately.

I found some sturdy foldable composite plastic ones online a couple of years ago so I could fold them and put them away in the winter.
The old ones in the pics are around 20 years old they stay outside year round . They need refinishing and one or 2 screws in them to tighten them up
. There made of eastern white pine . Just exactly how long do you want them to last 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

The old ones in the pics are around 20 years old they stay outside year round . They need refinishing and one or 2 screws in them to tighten them up
. There made of eastern white pine . Just exactly how long do you want them to last 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂😂
IDK maybe the humidity and wet rainy winter here causes the wood to rot faster than in your area or the wood that deck furniture Ive purchased in the past just doesnt hold up.
Last wood picnic table we had lasted like 5 years before the wood legs started to rot on the bottom and our deck uprights made of wood and stained have to be replaced every 5 years or so.

XO
IDK maybe the humidity and wet rainy winter here causes the wood to rot faster than in your area or the wood that deck furniture Ive purchased in the past just doesnt hold up.
Last wood picnic table we had lasted like 5 years before the wood legs started to rot on the bottom and our deck uprights made of wood and stained have to be replaced every 5 years or so.
Makes you wonder some times . We are fairly close to each other . These are nicely made . Quality pine . The originals were stained then marine var spar clear . 20 years clear is gone . Stain needs recoat No rot but a little lose bottom legs a bit chipped . Hell wife likes to put one in the shallows and read with up to her waist in water . But I get what you are saying . What I really hate is pressure treated lumber it’s just cheap junk . Often am cheap spruce . And even western cedar don’t seem as good as it once was . Myself in trying to find a source local for eastern white cedar . ( very rot resistant when wet ) to build some benches for my trees . But at end of day very happy with the Muskoka / Adirondack chairs reason I wanted exact same stuff . What those that have never used one the greatness of the chair . Is the semi reclined position . But the best part is the big wide arm rests . One for a beverage . One for plate of food or a book . Fishing reel your fixing .

Attachments

• EC66108E-B6DB-4ECE-9DD5-20176D8E8199.png
    EC66108E-B6DB-4ECE-9DD5-20176D8E8199.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
XO

Makes you wonder some times . We are fairly close to each other . These are nicely made . Quality pine . The originals were stained then marine var spar clear . 20 years clear is gone . Stain needs recoat No rot but a little lose bottom legs a bit chipped . Hell wife likes to put one in the shallows and read with up to her waist in water . But I get what you are saying . What I really hate is pressure treated lumber it’s just cheap junk . Often am cheap spruce . And even western cedar don’t seem as good as it once was . Myself in trying to find a source local for eastern white cedar . ( very rot resistant when wet ) to build some benches for my trees . But at end of day very happy with the Muskoka / Adirondack chairs reason I wanted exact same stuff . What those that have never used one the greatness of the chair . Is the semi reclined position . But the best part is the big wide arm rests . One for a beverage . One for plate of food or a book . Fishing reel your fixing .
Nowadays we can't get old growth timber. New growth timber used to be trash. Now they are the main material. This is why old lumber strength data are no longer usable with new lumber. The dimensions are smaller and the wood weaker. Take a look at the picture below of 2x4 pine and tell me which one is stronger and lasts longer. BTW the 2024 2x4 is smaller than even the 2018 2x4.
1716320760626.png

What those that have never used one the greatness of the chair . Is the semi reclined position . But the best part is the big wide arm rests . One for a beverage . One for plate of food or a book .

Yes I love sitting in mine.
20240521_162410.jpg

With the spoiler picture above.
I potted this minatre rose I bought on Monday into this pot I bought last year and put it on the deck between the chairs for a little more flower action back there.

20240521_161600.jpg 20240521_161625.jpg

Also adjusted the drip system on my azaleas and put the sprinkler for the pines and juniper up on a higher shelf so nothing gets blocked and for better coverage

Nowadays we can't get old growth timber. New growth timber used to be trash. Now they are the main material. This is why old lumber strength data are no longer usable with new lumber. The dimensions are smaller and the wood weaker. Take a look at the picture below of 2x4 pine and tell me which one is stronger and lasts longer. BTW the 2024 2x4 is smaller than even the 2018 2x4.
View attachment 548011
View attachment 548011
I only have to have a close look at wood in my house . Built 1896 . The rock elm main beam in the basement is so hard . Don’t have your head behind the hammer you hit it with . A hard nail will barely go in before it’s dull . One of those fancy auto nailers . Just bends the nail . The main stair case steps . Are eastern white pine . There harder than most hardwoods . House is in a small town . Farmhouse style 2 story . With staircase stairs beside offset front door . There is a 25 year old addition off the back . If your in the old part of the house . You can yell as loud as you want the other floor can’t hear you unless your at the top or bottom of the stairs . In the addition you can hear the other floor fine .

Back
Top Bottom