What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You found this in a tire store?????

They sell trees at tire shops in Canada?
Weird name but Canadian Tire is a retail store that sells lots of things. :)

Thread tax. My second tree I got two years ago didn't have a good winter. It's river birch I tried wind swept with. Lots of dead branches, only the sacrifice and a few other branches are leafing out. :rolleyes:

1714182385418.png

PXL_20240426_214953958.jpg

Last edited:

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
View attachment 542532
Holy crap!!! That is going to be an incredible combo! Kudos on both tree and stand, phenomenal!

I looked at some flower buds on my wisteria.

(For the photo tax😉)

5C413C01-DCF1-4E84-B390-4A981EA225C7.jpeg

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I wish I had the money and time to have order the right pot for this procumbens.
A @sorce pot I got a 2 or 3 years ago. It's going to have to be a training pot for now.
I had another cascade pot but a 10" pot was just too big.
The roots were coming out of one side of this pot that was not high fired it seems.
The pot I wanted to use was a month out and in the UK or China

1714183985007.png
Maybe next go round ^ $60 to ship...I think this colour would offset the trunk and foliage nicely.

DSC_1361.JPG

DSC_1367.JPG

DSC_1368.JPG

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Continued working on the stand for my cascade juniper. Got the top ready for glue up.
View attachment 542485View attachment 542486View attachment 542487
Nice tight joints man!
Weird name but Canadian Tire is a retail store that sells lots of things. :)

Thread tax. My second tree I got two years ago didn't have a good winter. It's river birch I tried wind swept with. Lots of dead branches, only the sacrifice and a few other branches are leafing out. :rolleyes:

View attachment 542624

View attachment 542623
ahh I see you went for the wind swept nightmare before Christmas style this year…😂. Seriously tho, that stinks. I hate it when old man winter kills a tree…

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
You found this in a tire store?????
Oh boy, you are far too close to Canada to not know the joy of Canadian Tire. Do your self a favor and check one out when you’re next north of the border.

I believe I’ve posted this tree before, but it is my latest purchase! Wired up a few branches that were wired down for shipment.IMG_2039.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice tight joints man!

ahh I see you went for the wind swept nightmare before Christmas style this year…😂. Seriously tho, that stinks. I hate it when old man winter kills a tree…
Yeah, that's the ticket, old man winter killed it. :) Now I'm wrapped up in a blanket rethinking river birches...I was warned about birch, chose not to listen, like an idiot. 🤣

PXL_20230109_023337693.jpg

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This was one of the last raw Bald Cypress that the late Mary Madison had collected(I believe there’s 4 others). I’ve always been enamored by her trees as they were naturally stunted and therefore came with proportions already created by nature. I acquired the tree from Mirai last year and repotted it in a Horst container last spring during an intensive there. Unlike the other two of her trees that I already have, this was naturally a collected clump.

There was a rather long tap root that I wasn’t able to reduce as much as I’d like and so for now the tree sits a tad higher than I’d have preferred(a reduction at the next repot is planned). Either way, it recovered well through 2023 and it was ready for the initial structure to be set. Ryan was in town and I entrusted him to perform the task.

CECC4900-AE94-4A18-87F1-D1F6A59A9277.jpegCAA56BEE-9DCC-40F0-BEDA-D0B827C70504.jpeg

Top Bottom