Vintage Yamanaka Tools

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello all, I'm looking for information regarding some old Yamanaka Japanese bonsai tools. It's a 5 piece kit with a floral rollup case. I'm trying to find information regarding their value. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Hello all, I'm looking for information regarding some old Yamanaka Japanese bonsai tools. It's a 5 piece kit with a floral rollup case. I'm trying to find information regarding their value. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you!
You talking about this?:

$250 is the extreme top end of the range for something like this I'd think. It's nice and probably old (like late 1950's/early 1960's old) but not ancient. The case is nice, but not spectacular. Tools are mostly clunky, as they're easily outdone by more modern tools. I wouldn't pay more than $150 at the very outside. I wouldn't be interested in buying them though. Not much value there use-wise. Some value in "old bonsai tools" aspect of them, but that's limited.

You talking about this?:

$250 is the extreme top end of the range for something like this I'd think. It's nice and probably old (like late 1950's/early 1960's old) but not ancient. The case is nice, but not spectacular. Tools are mostly clunky, as they're easily outdone by more modern tools. I wouldn't pay more than $150 at the very outside. I wouldn't be interested in buying them though. Not much value there use-wise. Some value in "old bonsai tools" aspect of them, but that's limited.
I'm not referring to that, but some very similar. I can't find any history which is what I'm really after.

Back
Top Bottom