/\/\UGO Pine

marc206

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I've been going mugo crazy I have 8 total now. Here are two i picked up yesterday. But there is only one worth letting you guys and gals take a peak at.
101_1025[1].jpg101_1026[2].jpg101_1027[2].jpg101_1028[2].jpg
It would make a pretty nice root over rock.

Last edited:
I am very much interested in how this project is doing and would like to see the others you think we would not be interested in. I am also curious as to why you have jumped so completely into the world of the Mugo Pine?

I am very much interested in how this project is doing and would like to see the others you think we would not be interested in. I am also curious as to why you have jumped so completely into the world of the Mugo Pine?

Ok I will show some more. I just love how miniature they are, and love how there only 6 bucks at lowe's. Also it looks like it would be fun to style and add to my collection.

Nice mugo, how big is it?

Maybe the one pictured is around half inch. Left the roots intact just stuck it in a bigger pot that is shallower. Hopefully when I get back from Idaho I can cut back some branches.

Great find. All of the mugos I came across this year seemingly had no nebari and the branches were all cluttered in whorls near the base.

Great find. All of the mugos I came across this year seemingly had no nebari and the branches were all cluttered in whorls near the base.

What size nursery containers were they in? This makes a good deal of difference. In my experience a nursery Mugo has had to have been in a nurserie's possession long enough to have graduated to a 3 gallon container to be any good. Sometimes you can find good ones in smaller containers but most of the time they are as described.

What size nursery containers were they in? This makes a good deal of difference. In my experience a nursery Mugo has had to have been in a nurserie's possession long enough to have graduated to a 3 gallon container to be any good. Sometimes you can find good ones in smaller containers but most of the time they are as described.

There were a bunch in little gallon sized containers and a few in what I think were either two or three gallon containers, but there weren't really that many to choose from. That was just at Lowe's. I didn't see any Mugos at all at Menards or Walmart. There is a mom and pop nursery close by I might check by again. When I was there I didn't see any, but I was looking for deciduous shrubs to work on.

Back
Top Bottom