The Shohin Tree Thread

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This one was bought 3 months ago, and for the first time I've refrained from an instant root trimming, repotting and styling, wich is what I usually do (no matter the time of the year). But, I've heard, this is a fragile species when it comes to repotting. It's my sixth leptospemum, and the first five where repotted and pruned as they got home (with no problems). Anyway, I love this one enough not to risk it, and so, there it is, flowering and waiting for spring repotting, as I took this pic last night (I couldn´t refrain, and pruned and wired it)

JMK_2820.jpg

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
Elaeagnus pungens in early development, started from an air layer last season. Initial styling yesterday. I really love Elaeagnus, nice fast growing plant with loads of interest.

View attachment 523050

7 weeks later

IMG_8913.jpeg
IMG_8914.jpeg
IMG_8916.jpeg
IMG_8915.jpeg

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
Small juniper, I’ve been creating the deadwood on the trunk for the last few years. This season I started switching the foliage over to shimpaku. The graft is basically healed but 2 weeks ago I scored the callous a little more and covered it up again. The cut paste is cracking so there’s some activity under it along the graft site.

IMG_8926.jpegIMG_8927.jpegIMG_8928.jpegIMG_8929.jpegIMG_8930.jpeg

Top Bottom