The pig/Mission Olive ...got its first styling

I will say...I'm going traditional styling with the Pig. Unlike the Bog Monster/Olive. Where I felt he was anything but traditional.
20230820_170950.jpg20230820_171214.jpg

And a link of video of the tree in daylight sitting in place and showing side profile and how the structure is set.

Why do you call it the pig? I see a dragon.
Lol it's big, fat and round. You see a dragon? πŸ€”... Possibly But when I move it. It's a freaking hog. πŸ˜‰

The first one I passed on. Because...I nicknamed it penis. I'm not lying. πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ™ƒ I couldn't unsee it. 🀣🀣🀣

Screenshot_20230821_202547_Gallery.jpg

That should be fun to develop. I've been thinking about getting a massive olive for while now. Picked up a smaller one to experiment with a few years ago and it does well in this climate so maybe it is about time...

That should be fun to develop. I've been thinking about getting a massive olive for while now. Picked up a smaller one to experiment with a few years ago and it does well in this climate so maybe it is about time...
Always wise...which was why I picked my own smaller one up to be honest. Makes the larger purchase less worrisome about if you can keep it happy.

Be warned...quite a happy enabler I am. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Always wise...which was why I picked my own smaller one up to be honest. Makes the larger purchase less worrisome about if you can keep it happy.

Be warned...quite a happy enabler I am. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Sending you a PM about this tree. And don't worry, if you saw my yard you'd know that I'm a fine enabler myself!

Still loving the big guy...learned they need foliage to keep the bark alive. So until I can get some back budding up on the top front the growth I removed has grown back. Leaving a slightly unkept look. But ... a must have for this part of its journey on my bench. As the top growth is truly being fed from the back of the tree.

That said...still loving on it. I've yet to decide on a front. Stretched out dragon body...or more compact version. Turned slightly... thoughts?

I definitely see where you got the 'pig' from 😁
πŸ˜‰ solid chunk of wood. Now...I'm not getting any younger. So I did contemplate this purchase. That said... my Ryusen and my sweet plum as it sits penjing like are far heavier. That was my final calculations on this one here coming onto my bench.

πŸ˜‰ solid chunk of wood. Now...I'm not getting any younger. So I did contemplate this purchase. That said... my Ryusen and my sweet plum as it sits penjing like are far heavier. That was my final calculations on this one here coming onto my bench.
Beautiful tree. I'm in love with olives. I have 2 I bought in the garden center this summer and I'm planning on putting them in the ground to thicken them up.

Beautiful tree. I'm in love with olives. I have 2 I bought in the garden center this summer and I'm planning on putting them in the ground to thicken them up.
Good for you!

Won't lie...I do enjoy the species. I've this asinine rule of thumb of one species only on my bench. So each stand alone as uniquely their own.

That said...I've a handful as of late that has broken that rule of thumb I've been so strict about. Olive is one of them. πŸ˜‰

Good for you!

Won't lie...I do enjoy the species. I've this asinine rule of thumb of one species only on my bench. So each stand alone as uniquely their own.

That said...I've a handful as of late that has broken that rule of thumb I've been so strict about. Olive is one of them. πŸ˜‰
I'm still very new here and have lots of seedlings of each species but I'm sure I'll kill inevitably them off so there's only one of each left 😁

Back
Top Bottom