Shohin Torulosa Juniper

Reaction score
torjuniper1A.jpg

Love working on Torulosa junipers...
Year 3 for this tree, and it is on its way to becoming a nice little tree.
Overall height of the tree is 11 inches. Repotted today in the pot that I made for it.

Last edited:

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Wow! Stunning image. Awesome pot and tree. I love it. Another amazing piece of work. You are good, really good!...thank you for sharing

Reaction score
A great combination! Do you have any larger size torulosa? I love the way these trees grow.
I have some that are a little larger, but not really big ones. Their trunks often grow straight as a telephone pole, I added all the curves into the trunk in the first year of working on the tree.

Last edited:
Reaction score

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 99491

Love working on Torulosa junipers...
Year 3 for this tree, and it is on its way to becoming a nice little tree.
Overall height of the tree is 11 inches. Repotted today in the pot that I made for it.

I just happened to see the picture of that big bougie in your Easter bunny thread before I tabbed over to this one. Seeing this tree next to the bougie really makes me appreciate the scale of both.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really like it, but my only issue is the trunk showing in front of the foliage is perfectly horizontal. Personal opinion, but it just kind of bothers me.

I would pot it more upright like this:
Capture+_2016-04-03-14-45-45-01.jpeg

And adjust foliage as well.

Thats Just me though, either way great little tree!

Reaction score
Oh and I enjoy the foliage on these, are they a common garden variety?
They are... their foliage is a little longer in nature, but they easily turn to adult foliage, and pretty much never resort back.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
I don't comment much but will do so. These are just my unrefined "feelings/opinions" about the trees and hope they are taken as such. How is that for a pre-emptive looking to be all fair opening?! LOL

I really enjoy the work you do in all aspects from art to trees to stirring the pot. I really like these two trees and can defiitely see the progress you are making as a bonsai artist getting your style.

Tree 1:
I like this tree and on first impression it is great. However, after looking at it more I wonder why that branch would grow down so radically when the tree does not seem tormented or struggled. It seems to go against phototropism and struggle to imagine where I would see it out of pot. I still like it, but a s bonsai not a tree. (no debate etc etc starting)

Tree 2:
Shut The Front Door!! Dude this one kicks arse with a capital A. I can see how this tree is trying to grow out the bottom of a hill after a rock fall that knocked it out of place breaking some bones. FANTASTIC and well done.

Top Bottom