Ryusen Weeping Japanese Maple

Love this thing.

What’s the plan for style of pot?

Between you and @Cadillactaste are making me get a ryusen... I emailed MrMaple to see if the parent tree will fair better in my area. I think ryusen will do well given plenty of protection, but I think the parent tree will probably do better. I do want a weeping maple, like now!

Between you and @Cadillactaste are making me get a ryusen... I emailed MrMaple to see if the parent tree will fair better in my area. I think ryusen will do well given plenty of protection, but I think the parent tree will probably do better. I do want a weeping maple, like now!
Thank you...Mine was from a local landscape company. Planted many moons ago ... and then decimated by a harsh winter. I love it in winter silhouette.

That said...Bill Valavanis bought one and is developing it. Also from a nursery. Curious what you have locally.

Curious what you have locally
Very limited to be honest. I have only seen JMs at a few nurseries, mostly ugly grafted shishigashiras and a few varieties at Lowes. They require a lot of protection from the sun here in central Texas, so most nurseries don't carry them at all.

Very limited to be honest. I have only seen JMs at a few nurseries, mostly ugly grafted shishigashiras and a few varieties at Lowes. They require a lot of protection from the sun here in central Texas, so most nurseries don't carry them at all.
Ahhhh okay that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom