Root Growth

If you have some ground to plant in, growing out tridents can achieve decent results quite quickly. I'd have them planted all over my yard in 6a MI if it weren't for the herds of deer that frequent my yard every day.

Where? I've bought from a field-grown place, facebook bonsai groups, and ebay, though rarely.
Try email your local club. Or your closest bonsai nursery. In regards to a trident. That way you can pick and choose in person if one isn’t to far. Also landscape nurseries carry tridents most the time. You could probably get away with major cutback on the roots and a trunk chop before bud break next spring. Let it take off for the year. And you have a good start for probably less invested.

As far as online I think other members could give you a good direction. And a better trident may pop up at random if you keep an eye out. It’s hard to hold back sometimes but it pays off when talking about a tree you want to care for potentially decades.

Where? I've bought from a field-grown place, facebook bonsai groups, and ebay, though rarely.

I bought one 2 years ago with about the same sized trunk from Brussel's Bonsai. Unfortunately it seems they have sold out of those.

This one isn't as neaely as big a trunk but IMO a better tree with less work needed to see its potential than the one you were looking at. It's a lot cheaper too.

What I'm not sure of is if the tree pictured is the actual tree you will get. You can contact them with your price range and see if they will send you some pictures.

I bought one 2 years ago with about the same sized trunk from Brussel's Bonsai. Unfortunately it seems they have sold out of those.

This one isn't as neaely as big a trunk but IMO a better tree with less work needed to see its potential than the one you were looking at. It's a lot cheaper too.

What I'm not sure of is if the tree pictured is the actual tree you will get. You can contact them with your price range and see if they will send you some pictures.

Thanks, but I'm looking for trees ~2" trunk or more. Btw, those photos look like generic ones, and so I can see when you said you aren't sure you get the 1 inn the photo.

Thanks, but I'm looking for trees ~2" trunk or more. Btw, those photos look like generic ones, and so I can see when you said you aren't sure you get the 1 inn the photo.
Contact them and ask. All they can say is they don't have any. They have lots of trees. They can't post them all on the web site. Also keep looking back every so often. They add new trees all the time.

Back
Top Bottom