Quince import restrictions

I thought import restrictions on quince were a bummer I.e. impossible. Has something changed? Cheers!!
There are a couple of things--first the seller may have already had the plant cleared through import--takes two years. They either quarantined it at their own facilities, or more likely bought it from a source with those facilities.

Second, it may be illegally imported. If you're interested in buying, ask the seller for proof of clearance. FWIW, the Bonsai Auctions site is now demanding that proof for folks to sell imported trees, as some questionable trees have repeatedly come up.

From the Facebook Auctions page today:

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    75.4 KB · Views: 23

I thought import restrictions on quince were a bummer I.e. impossible. Has something changed? Cheers!!
FWIW, Don't know the seller, but most of the bonsai they have up on ebay is on the small side. That's a potential warning for me as those can be put into luggage to illegally skirt import restrictions--again I have no idea who this seller is. They may be legit, but they're not helping themselves by not posting origins and phyto approvals up front. That's vital buyer info.

Additionally, I'd think the "kokufu exhibition" stuff needs to have corroborating documentation--preferably on the sales site.

Back
Top Bottom