Palo Verde

I found this volunteer mesquite growing in our lantana 4 years ago, it didn’t have a long tap root so potting it was easier. Here it is today, I like it.View attachment 545044View attachment 545045
Wow that grew fast! It looks super cool! The color looks like a palo verde more than the mesquite I see around my area. I imagine the trunk will darken over time?

There are so many great desert trees. As soon as I get time I am going to start a thread just to introduce some of them.
The palo verde is a pretty tree. That said, as a yard tree they are messy to clean up after. The "leaves" aren't like other deciduous. Similar but not the same as honey mesquite. After they shed in the fall they dry up and look much like pine needles. Aggressively hardy as seeds. I am curious if these "leaves" will shorten in length when grown as bonsai.

Wow that grew fast! It looks super cool! The color looks like a palo verde more than the mesquite I see around my area. I imagine the trunk will darken over time?
You know what, I just realized that that the palo verde also goes by as Mesquite. I think I was confusing this with the Chilean Mesquite that has a dark trunk.

Attachments

• chilean-mesquite-front-home.webp
    131 KB · Views: 2
Update for this thread. I sourced some material from a local nursery. Work in progress. Will post development and updates along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpeg
    IMG_2009.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2011.jpeg
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom