My 2 new Tammies.

Grabbed these 2 weeks ago.View attachment 191748View attachment 191749
Both still in their swamp muck.
They love that stuff.
They get bare rooted next spring and put in pure D.E. for moisture retention.

Nice, you used to bare root them upon collection didn’t you? Maybe I’m remembering wrong. I collected a larch a week ago, lost the soil out of about a third of the rootball. I thought to myself, oh well Frary bareroots his right away anyways!

Nice, you used to bare root them upon collection didn’t you? Maybe I’m remembering wrong. I collected a larch a week ago, lost the soil out of about a third of the rootball. I thought to myself, oh well Frary bareroots his right away anyways!
You're right,I used to bare root them at collection but I lost a few from just that a couple years ago.
Now I leave them in muck for a year in colanders. You can't beat a colander for doing collected tree roots right.

Grabbed these 2 weeks ago.

Nice!

For the record I don't want that Larch I asked about a few years ago. This year I am going to just sit back and bury all as it dies due to the Winter here. Was going to throw in the towel twice, this time it will be until next Spring minimum - Mother Nature is a Whore.

I will continue to provide trainings here, etc... as several are scheduled, just have little interest for myself these days.

Grimmy

Very nice and promising your new trees, @M. Frary
... ...This year I am going to just sit back and bury all as it dies due to the Winter here. Was going to throw in the towel twice, ... ... just have little interest for myself these days.
Sorry to hear that.
Please, try to get some strength from what you have (your family, being healthy or else)
Things will change, that's for sure!

Nice!

For the record I don't want that Larch I asked about a few years ago. This year I am going to just sit back and bury all as it dies due to the Winter here. Was going to throw in the towel twice, this time it will be until next Spring minimum - Mother Nature is a Whore.

I will continue to provide trainings here, etc... as several are scheduled, just have little interest for myself these days.

Grimmy
Your knowledge and advice is very much appreciated. I'm sorry about your losses. It was an unusual winter here also, long cold spell, and late frosts.

Things will change, that's for sure!

Yes, just a time for me to "lighten up" and plan my future collection.

Your knowledge and advice is very much appreciated.

So you and all know - I will also Field calls as always! I am not quitting - just taking a break :)

Grimmy

Back
Top Bottom