Midwest Bonsai Society, August Exhibition, Aug 16-18, 2019

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I bought a pot from one of the vendors, to the left in the second courtyard.
Does anybody remember the name of the artist?
IMG_1399.JPGIMG_1400.JPG

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
I know because Bill said so 🙋🏻‍♂️🎤💥.
😁
That, and I know bonsai pros in Japan very rarely have any botanical or formal horticultural training.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought a pot from one of the vendors, to the left in the second courtyard.
Does anybody remember the name of the artist?
View attachment 258348View attachment 258349
Looks like Dusai(?) from Iowa. There was also Waldo Street, who is @hometeamrocker on here. Then Fred was the last vendor near the exit from the courtyard to the gardens.

Linda Ippal was in the first courtyard, along with Cass Bonsai that we’re giving everything away as this is their last show before retiring.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Blaze Orange on Saturday. Yep I was walking and talking. I tried hard not to touch anyone else's tree. The shirt was a shirt worn by hunters and road workers, safety blaze orange. You should have come over and introduced yourself.

I was tied to the raffle table when you came through. I was the tallest guy in a red apron and a white shirt with marlins all over it.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
along with Cass Bonsai that we’re giving everything away as this is their last show before retiring.
Damn, wish I could have been there. I hate that they're retiring, their nursery is only a few miles away from my house. Really nice guys. Not much else for bonsai nurseries around here without them.:(

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn, wish I could have been there. I hate that they're retiring, their nursery is only a few miles away from my house. Really nice guys. Not much else for bonsai nurseries around here without them.:(

Yes, I will miss them as well. They are good guys.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like Dusai(?) from Iowa. There was also Waldo Street, who is @hometeamrocker on here. Then Fred was the last vendor near the exit from the courtyard to the gardens.

Linda Ippal was in the first courtyard, along with Cass Bonsai that we’re giving everything away as this is their last show before retiring.

To the left if facing into the courtyard would have been Ross Adams of Nitju Clay. Great dude, great wife, great pots!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Our August Exhibition has the longest history, going into its 42nd year in 2019. It is one of the largest regional shows in the nation. Centered on the Chicago Botanic Garden's Permanent Collection, featuring over 50 world-class trees, it’s a showplace of trees from across the Midwest and beyond. Enthusiasts from across the country bring their trees to be judged in the main hall at the Garden's Regenstein Center.

We have a review of the August 2017 Exhibition available here. We also have a review of the 2015 Exhibit available with that year's winners.

The show is free, but regular parking rates apply for entry to the Chicago Botanic Garden.

Traveling from out of town? Many of the hotels near the Chicago Botanic Garden offer discounted rates.

EXHIBITION SITE HERE
The Four Seasons Bonsai Club of Michigan just did number 45, I think we have you beat by at least 3 years.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I picked up one just like it from one of the vendors at our show a week ago. I already have a Mugo in it. Often times I have found that waiting on an item is like waiting on a meteor shower, they come and go and if you miss it up front you miss it all the way around.

Top Bottom