Meijer gardens all state bonsai

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just curious if anyone know how it works at this show? Do you have to sign up for seminars or can you just visit and walk the show by paying for entrance or something. The seminar sign up is $150 but don't want to do those would like to just visit and see the trees in the show.

You can just walk into the indoor bonsai display area, see all the trees, walk around and visit the vendors. Spend as much time as you want viewing the trees. Take all the photos you want. No touching the trees though. You do not have to be garden member to view the trees. There is no cost for tree viewing. Workshops are held in a separate room for a cost. There’s no workshop access unless you’ve paid. Live demonstrations are held in an area with seating in front for no charge….the times and subjects vary during the day.

That’s how the showing has operated every year. I don’t think this year would be any different.

You can just walk into the indoor bonsai display area, see all the trees, walk around and visit the vendors. Spend as much time as you want viewing the trees. Take all the photos you want. No touching the trees though. You do not have to be garden member to view the trees. There is no cost for tree viewing. Workshops are held in a separate room for a cost. There’s no workshop access unless you’ve paid. Live demonstrations are held in an area with seating in front for no charge….the times and subjects vary during the day.

That’s how the showing has operated every year. I don’t think this year would be any different.
Nice thank you I live like 3 hours away so I didn't want to show up and it be 150 per person.

If you go to the show arrive early. Closer parking. Plenty of time to study the trees. And time to sit for awhile and observe a demonstration. There is a cafeteria inside the building if you need some food or something to drink. There should signage indicating demonstration times. And, there are always a lot of good helpful people if you ask questions.

Note: while there is no additional fee to view trees, there is a standard fee just to enter the gardens (regardless of the bonsai show). I believe it was $30/person when we went a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom