Help me , I have a Hornbeam Problem!😱

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 481432
Out in the sun , man who knew backdrops help
a simple backdrop can make all the difference.

This is a Great Tree also James. Its really got a bright future. Though the pot is nice, it does feel a touch to small for the power of that trunk. The shape def feels right though, but if it were only an inch or two wider and slightly deeper. Just my 2 cents

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
a simple backdrop can make all the difference.

This is a Great Tree also James. Its really got a bright future. Though the pot is nice, it does feel a touch to small for the power of that trunk. The shape def feels right though, but if it were only an inch or two wider and slightly deeper. Just my 2 cents
Yeeaaaaaaa , thanks my dumb ass thinking 2 pots I bought would fit , thing is I was not expecting root flare on the back left side which is good , less worry for a good base , but those 2 pots I’ll need to use for other trees.
luckily this yamaaki was laying around the studio and I was told I can take it.. I definitely want a bigger pot next spring and I’m searching similar color yellow or a bright green , same shape just a wee bit wider and deeper.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Last photo of this tree before fall pix but I’d like to make a correction , the pot is a Hattori IMG_4077.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
But this will be going into a larger container next year , I will be searching for its hopefully forever home Saturday. The current pot is beautiful with great patina , I have a few ideas for what to put in this pot next.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Alright so , here the next shoes The current Hattori pot is 11”
Nao rectangle 14” fit clean in this one for visual, gotta find the right lateral position in the pot , and may slightly turn to accentuate the base more , but it’s perfect 🥹… just the right size to develop and maybe one day show in
IMG_4250.jpeg

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
IMG_4736.jpeg
Good growing season , there is some growth up top that needs a bigger push , so I’m .. looking forward to repotting it next spring, into a large container. The side branches are thickening up and it’s got good bones , that I need to position before they get too thick.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 515128
Good growing season , there is some growth up top that needs a bigger push , so I’m .. looking forward to repotting it next spring, into a large container. The side branches are thickening up and it’s got good bones , that I need to position before they get too thick.
This is going to be a great tree James.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
What's your soil? Standard bonsai soil or something with more organics?
Just watered today , I’ve been every other day since color change. I’ll do more carving on the base of roots too , to get more bifurcation. The soil is in a 2:1 ratio of akadama and pumice. I removed the moss a few weeks ago to harvest and use for top tressing again next season. One of the best crops of moss I’ve ever had.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just got a newly collected hornbeam much like this one and this silhouette photo stood out to me. It feels like the first branch conflicts a lot with the direction of the trunk and the nebari. Any thoughts or plans to deal with that? maybe thread graft some low branches on the right side?

1707252756284.png

Top Bottom