Fukien Tea Soil Hi I am new here and new to Bonsai the FT I have was a rescue that needs a repot

Reaction score
This rescue FT needs a repot question is will this work, I think it is drowning in mud right now . Ok I want to put Hyuga large grain in bottom of pot with screen, then mix Organic soil mix this already has calcined clay, peat moss blend, pumice, vermiculite. Then I want to cut up some fresh spagnum moss and add some small lava rock and small akadama. And it is goning from a 6" to a 10" pot. Any help would be appreciated I believe this is time senstive matter.

A picture of the tree would be helpful, as well as adding your location to your profile.

This is it it did get some leaves so it is alive now i have to get it out of the mud and I live in CT.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_144653.jpg
    IMG_20201003_144653.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 66
I live in ct also and have a few carmona trees. I have mine in all inorganic mix. And I repot them any time of the year. They have no problems.

Yes on getting it out of the mud.
I would think it will perk right up with some warmth correct soil and light

Quitely as Fukien Tea leaves on a carpeted floor.

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

If a rookie repots in December it'd gonna die. Mud equals dirt + too much water. There is a message in here somewhere. (Hint: water with less, and less often. Repot in the strong growing season of June or July.)

Well on 10/20/2020 I fed very lightly 20- 9-9 slow release fertilizer waited 2 weeks watering sparingly using toothpic and my finger in at an inch and moisture meter at about one it seemed happy. Then I used some protekt on it cause we had some fungus gnats and I was afraid of the neem oil and did not want them in the new soil I mentioned above. OK so on 11/2/2020 I repotted it in the mix I mentioned above. This poor baby lived through hell it was watered to death and the heal cut was shaped like a spoon so all the water just sat on it. Then it was shipped to me in a box no water and no light for a month. so when I when I got it I saved it but when I went to repot I was not goning to trim roots I just put it in a bigger pot but when I took it out all the roots fell apart I found maybe 3 that were ok.So I did get my money back. After the repot I put it in not shady and not real bright light so it might get more roots at this point about 3 weeks gradualy put into some morning light and gave it some vitamin b1. I think the leaves were tring to tell me some thing they stayed green not yellow or black and they did not fall off maybe I should have put it in light sooner. it was like they weren't dry enough to fall.I dont think this baby could get any intake. My husband bought me a new one and told me to throw it out but I still had hope until today I put a few small cuts in the bark and there is no green RIP. I dont know where I might have done something more?

Yes I heard they are hard but this sick one has taught me a little and this new one came in 5 days with a heat pack on like someone cared. I also have a Desert Rose also a lot to learn there soil and water !!! Then I have 2 Junipers Procumbens and Conferta. Then I bought Dragons Claw Willow we have 3. Then my husband has Chineese Elm and a Satsuki Azalea. So we have a few to learn. Oh and Juniper that has been outside for 5 yrs doning well!

If a rookie repots in December it'd gonna die. Mud equals dirt + too much water. There is a message in here somewhere. (Hint: water with less, and less often. Repot in the strong growing season of June or July.)
You are right but Inside we are at 75 to 80 degrees and the humity is 50 to 71 so I did not think it would hurt and it would have died without a change the root rot is the real culprit.

Back
Top Bottom