From seed division: Starfox can't see the forest for all the seedsy

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Ok this will start me off, do have more to add. Kinda going to throw a heap of seeds at this and see what sticks/stays alive.

Bit cold and wintery at the moment so will probably wait for the inevitable false spring to start sowing.

First up some River Red Gums and some Grass tree seeds. The Grass trees I normally don't have much luck with but if successful may be used as an accent plant.

IMG_20210102_142455536.jpg

And then I figure I will try this lot too. I have various ideas of how to utilize all of these whether it be a mixed planting or landscape ideas, truthfully I'd just be happy to have enough survivors to complete the challenge.
Seeds are a touch old though so we'll see.

IMG_20210105_120029147.jpg

Love M. styphelioides. They grow quick in my neck of the woods. Be interesting to see what the germination % is like in these.

Yeah, they are quite distinctive. Often planted as a street tree.
Really hoping I can get some germination out of it, the seeds are nearly 5 years old but there is nearly 25 grams of them. I think I have enough to revegetate Spain with that much seed.
Interestingly or perhaps not so much your neck of the woods is where I am from, hope all is well down there.

Interestingly or perhaps not so much your neck of the woods is where I am from, hope all is well down there.
Figured as much - The Coopers pale in some of your posts pretty much gave it away :D
Pretty mild here at present - best we have managed is a week of 32 to 38C. Things are very stable on all fronts, considering what is happening in the rest of the world. Hope things are well for you too.

Ok, first trays of the year sown and on the heat mats.

River Reds, Silky Oaks and Grass trees.

View attachment 355523
View attachment 355524

How are the eucs doing? I started a set of e. delgupta, e. citriodora and e. camaldulensis from seed about a week ago. Many have germinated already. I was surprised how well the delgupta germinated as I've had that seed for several years now.

I cooked the lot of them, left them out with the lids on accidently and by the time I realised it was too late.

Still have plenty more left so going to try again. Autumn is a much easier time for germination.

I cooked the lot of them, left them out with the lids on accidently and by the time I realised it was too late.

Still have plenty more left so going to try again. Autumn is a much easier time for germination.

Sorry to hear that :(

I agree that autumn is a good time to sew...it gives my fun things to watch while it's cold and gray out. Here's hoping round 2 goes better!

Back
Top Bottom