Emergency Repotting Crew Needed, Left Coast Bonsai, NW Oregon, July 20-23, 2023

LeatherTree23

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Calling folks with a free weekend! John Eads of LCB suffered a catastrophic failure of his watering tanks yesterday and 2 of his greenhouses flooded. He put out a call for emergency repotting help for several thousand deciduous trees. I do not have a precise address but Mr. Eads is an excellent bonsai practitioner and incredible stock. If you’re free, consider contact him for directions and details.

Nao was just out there last night repotting well after dark. Someone take a shift so he can rest his back and return to pottery. 😅 John Eads is located in the Banks area I believe, west of Portland metro. Ping his instagram.

Dang, that sucks for John, he’s a nice dude.
I’m sure the community will pull through for him. Our local bonsai club put out an email asking for help. It is just rough weather right now, really hot by the afternoons. :(

This sounds like an awesome opportunity! Unfortunately, ain't nobody wants me to repot their trees for them.

I'm in indiana now and sat bolt upright and tried to gps it to get going. Unfortunately thats a bit far for me to get on my motorcycle... :-( by the time I get there the work would probably be done.

I send my best wishes though

Unfortunately thats a bit far for me to get on my motorcycle...
Hell of a ride tho if you go north! And it goes straight through Sturgis, the Mecca of bikers (of a certain kind...)

Hope he gets enough help to get it done without beating himself and them up.
Too far for me though....good luck

Good evening.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and support. We had a huge outpouring of support today and were able to get everything cleaned up and restored back to " normal" given the circumstances. A few trees were lost, but many less than could have been.
Thanks again for your support.
I am going to take a few days with family to relax and restore.
Cheers
John Eads
Left Coast Bonsai

Back
Top Bottom