Does anybody think this crepe myrtle is worth the money??

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Hard to see if there is a huge inverse taper toward the top, but higher chops like this could make a nice start for a tree.
Idk much about your climate, but if you let the tree grow, you can chop and repot it all in one go early spring. Like a %90-80 root reduction repot.

1591742705890.png

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is a bargain and if you want to make the chops I would go for it.
I am sensing you will be sorry if you don't try.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I still might go for it.
Mr Brian fleet has sorta detoured me. But I was just talking to a personal friend of mine who has been to me mr Brian fleets house and claims he has myrtles with such taper, just stunning. So I can see why everything else would be considered shit! Lmao

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
NO! 1. Fair base without balanced rootage. 2. Last picture shows big side lump reverse taper on trunk:confused:. If able to correct these or have friend who can then is OK but not great deal.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
NO! 1. Fair base without balanced rootage. 2. Last picture shows big side lump reverse taper on trunk:confused:. If able to correct these or have friend who can then is OK but not great deal.
Wouldn’t be a friend correcting these issues, it would be me. Plan would be to cut off any reverse taper and toss in the trash

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This would work. Can thread graft roots? This is big issue for this tree.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You still haven't bought this? It's a damned good thing I don't live near St. Louis...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You still haven't bought this? It's a damned good thing I don't live near St. Louis...
Lol well, I’m up in the air about it. I know it’s still there which is why I gave myself another day to ponder. Seems like 50% are “great tree for the price”, and the other 50% are “it’s not perfect, would take a long time to fix, $40 is a lot of money”.

I’m thinking $40 isn’t a lot of money and that’s why it’s not perfect. And it just so happens I’ve got all the time in the world to work on it, no rush. Isn’t that a big part of bonsai??

Top Bottom