Crape Myrtle

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last weekend my son said I could dig this Crape Myrtle out of his yard. We have had so much rain I haven’t done much to it. This weekend I will put it in a grow pot, and hopefully it will grow. 16269878-8276-4DDA-85C1-4A6243C38C8C.jpeg83273F9F-9D04-45B0-9C46-817CAE498C8F.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I agree. I have a 20 foot one in my yard and will admire the bark and won't even look at the flowers.
2019 I was down visiting my brother in Louisiana. The exfoliating bark...had me mesmerized.

My youngest son says...,"mom the tree has flowers too!". Totally didn't notice them. 😉 so I understand.

Though...I've one on my bench. I may...get distracted...with it a smaller size. [10 inch pot] Along with another one which will be mailed when the weather is more appropriate.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Crepe myrtle are among the easiest trees to transplant so there's little doubt this one will grow.
I would even cut those thick roots back way more. At some stage you'll hopefully get this into a bonsai pot and will need shorter roots. I've found that first transplant is the best time to go real hard on roots.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Crepe myrtle are among the easiest trees to transplant so there's little doubt this one will grow.
I would even cut those thick roots back way more. At some stage you'll hopefully get this into a bonsai pot and will need shorter roots. I've found that first transplant is the best time to go real hard on roots.
Great. we just had 3.5 inches of rain last night, so tommorrow they are getting cut.
Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom