Cork bark elm issues

Chrisk

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
My cork bark elms were thriving up until a month or so ago. All the new buds have turned brown and dried up, and some the the leaves are turning yellow/brown. They were repotted last spring and are watered when needed and fertilized with a slow release pellet. No visible pests and no history of pests.They are in pretty much full sun for 10 hours a day so I was thinking possibly sun burnt? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 5B3FCFEA-6404-4D02-89DD-36E0EB7B09FE.jpeg
    5B3FCFEA-6404-4D02-89DD-36E0EB7B09FE.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 41
  • FD367FF5-FB34-44C3-8FEB-3EFFC8B9FA89.jpeg
    FD367FF5-FB34-44C3-8FEB-3EFFC8B9FA89.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 43
I can see new leaves popping so it should be fine. Maybe it got a bit dry but it will
bounce back.

My cork bark elms were thriving up until a month or so ago. All the new buds have turned brown and dried up, and some the the leaves are turning yellow/brown. They were repotted last spring and are watered when needed and fertilized with a slow release pellet. No visible pests and no history of pests.They are in pretty much full sun for 10 hours a day so I was thinking possibly sun burnt? Any ideas?
would help greatly to know your location and overwintering location for the tree (if applicable). To get the best help, you have to fill in the location info into your avatar to the left. That way, location (which is a critical part of bonsai care, since what works for a Chinese elm in Illinois, is impractical in Arizona, or Qatar)...

would help greatly to know your location and overwintering location for the tree (if applicable). To get the best help, you have to fill in the location info into your avatar to the left. That way, location (which is a critical part of bonsai care, since what works for a Chinese elm in Illinois, is impractical in Arizona, or Qatar)...
Updated my info. I’m in northern Ontario Canada zone 3a. I over winter them in a cold room that stays around 3 or 4c. They came out of dormancy about 6 weeks ago. They’re currently in a south facing window until the night time temps stay above zero, then they’ll be outside until fall.

Back
Top Bottom