Calling all Michiganders to the show! All state in Grand Rapids now open!

Was a great weekend. Great to meet @Mayank and your family! @Dav4 is a great addition to our Michigan nut crew. Awesome trees guys, definitely inspirational and something to strive for long term.

I actually wore them the first day of the show, anticipating lots of photo ops, but nobody felt compelled to take pictures with me in it until yesterday.

Nothing worse than getting all gussied-up in your best dress and nobody notices!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

What is the "JBP" scene like up in Michigan?

You three had some great trees' on display, well done.:cool:

Founders is on my list.....Backyard Bastard on tap? Yes please, and call me a cab while your at it...........🥴🤢🤮🤕

Truthfully there might have been more ponderosas and JWP then JBP. My JBP and one other were in the show, if I recall, and the other JBP had had it's needles cut recently. Everyone was impressed with the shortness of the needles on my tree, so I've got to dial in the husbandry here and see if I can de-candle at the right time to get it done.

... and Founders is a great brewery located in Grand Rapids that I couldn't get to this time... @Brad in GR would be my go to source for local brew houses for sure. I've had Dirty Bastard on tap... real real real good!!! I'll keep my I out for for it's brother;).

Truthfully there might have been more ponderosas and JWP then JBP. My JBP and one other were in the show, if I recall, and the other JBP had had it's needles cut recently. Everyone was impressed with the shortness of the needles on my tree, so I've got to dial in the husbandry here and see if I can de-candle at the right time to get it done.

... and Founders is a great brewery located in Grand Rapids that I couldn't get to this time... @Brad in GR would be my go to source for local brew houses for sure. I've had Dirty Bastard on tap... real real real good!!! I'll keep my I out for for it's brother;).
Hey they had KBS on tap....

KBS on tap really is a beautiful thing. Back in my day (I’m 35) I had to take advantage of KBS week where they’d tap one keg per restaurant around GR per night for two weeks or so. Bunch of beer scavengers lurking and waiting to get just one pour.

I totally forgot to put a pic of our natal plum cascade Karessa which won best tropical. Granted there wasn't a ton of competition (she did best a giant bougainvillea that was flowering though) but we grew Karessa from a cutting off the beautiful 50 year old mother tree developed by our sensei @vancehanna

IMG-20220514-WA0014.jpg

Here's the original mother tree by @vancehanna many years ago. It's even more beautiful today because it shows a lot of age and the leaves are tiny and it's much more ramified. I wish we had tried to copy his styling 😅

14June_Natal_olumb.jpeg

Here is the bougainvillea from the show that is also very nice.

20220515_164611.jpg

I totally forgot to put a pic of our natal plum cascade Karessa which won best tropical. Granted there wasn't a ton of competition (she did best a giant bougainvillea that was flowering though) but we grew Karessa from a cutting off the beautiful 50 year old mother tree developed by our sensei @vancehanna

View attachment 437034

Here's the original mother tree by @vancehanna many years ago. It's even more beautiful today because it shows a lot of age and the leaves are tiny and it's much more ramified. I wish we had tried to copy his styling 😅

View attachment 437035

View attachment 437043
How often do you water a natal plum this size?

View attachment 437034

View attachment 437035

View attachment 437043
Awwwwww~ so cute my special kids!! love them !!! So good looking OMG!!! The Carissa is on the way back from the dead* and now in a smaller pot regaining her strength.... Your cutting looks magnificent! as well as you two gorgeous people!
* 2yrs later from a bad repot and scalding sun!

Attachments

• IMG_8680_edited copy.jpg
    IMG_8680_edited copy.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom