Big Gekko

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The first bud just opened on this Gekko that I acquired last year, can't wait to see it full. The full bloom pic is from the seller from the year before, had to change the pot as the lovely Koyo it was in previously broke during shipping. The pot I moved it to is a Gyouzan, and is also a wonderful pot.
Gekko in Aiba Koyo.jpgIMG_5143.jpgIMG_5471.jpg

Azaleas are amazing……Brussells has tons of them……I cannot believe I don’t see more of them.
If I had money I would buy one of quality like this.

This is a whole lot better than the lizard I was expecting to see.
Absolutely stunning.
Lol, that is funny…
Azaleas are amazing……Brussells has tons of them……I cannot believe I don’t see more of them.
If I had money I would buy one of quality like this.
I agree, I’ve found myself with more azaleas than I ever thought i would have. They just have so much to offer even if some don’t consider them to be true “bonsai”.

That's one stout azalea, good find Ma'am.
Oh they're out there, I wish I'd been into Azaleas when @Don Blackmond had a bunch of them, he had some amazing ones.
Thanks @Carol 83 I knew you'd like this one...
@jimib maybe when it's in full flower you and the wife can swing over.

Lol, that is funny…

I agree, I’ve found myself with more azaleas than I ever thought i would have. They just have so much to offer even if some don’t consider them to be true “bonsai”.
This is the second time I’ve read about azalea not being bonsai to some. I’m going to have to research this. (P.s. I’m not finding fault in any way. I’m just curious about the thought process.)

Thank you for posting such a gorgeous specimen!

This is the second time I’ve read about azalea not being bonsai to some. I’m going to have to research this. (P.s. I’m not finding fault in any way. I’m just curious about the thought process.)

Thank you for posting such a gorgeous specimen!
It is basically because it’s a shrub, not a tree. I had the same feling about them for some years, but have since become more open about interpreting bonsai as a particular thing

The "its not a bonsai" thing originated in Japan, however, in Japan they have a whole show dedicated to just azaleas.

Whoa, you have such a huge tree and it even does the two-colour tone very well. That is quite rare.

Back
Top Bottom