Azalea Picture Identification Thread

Nice you have Elsie Lee as well! Mine are all blooming now. They are in the ground. I'm going to let them grow out for the landscape.
I have one in the landscape, it's not blooming yet. This one I picked up at HD and planned to put it the landscape as well, but my husband wasn't a fan of the idea.

I believe I have Voodoo. I can send you some cuttings when they are ready.
I am planning on starting cuttings of a bunch of mine. I can tell you what I have and would be happy to trade!

Got this azalea two+ years back and it had a hard time acclimating. Last year I left it be. Still not much growth. This spring it must of found its sea legs.

It’s named Kin Tai Tai

IMG_8734.jpeg

Cheers
DSD sends

PS @Carol 83 I may have a whip of N. Voodoo. If you are interested, PM me.

Got this azalea two+ years back and it had a hard time acclimating. Last year I left it be. Still not much growth. This spring it must of found its sea legs.

It’s named Kin Tai Tai

View attachment 486856

Cheers
DSD sends

PS @Carol 83 I may have a whip of N. Voodoo. If you are interested, PM me.
I wouldn't mind getting some cuttings of this one.

A’ight ladies, gentlemen and toasters, I think imma get me an azalea, what’s the minimum age for it to have flowers?

A’ight ladies, gentlemen and toasters, I think imma get me an azalea, what’s the minimum age for it to have flowers?
This thread is specific for azalea picture identification. For anything other than cultivar identification, please start a new thread or use the search function, thanks.

'Coronado Red'
(just before I took off all the flowers

1683565278119.png
1683565306473.png

I guess I am a red purist But these do not look red to me. Like they are very dark pink, but with a tint of blue. Many people absolutely love this colour.
I am probably the only source of this variety in Europe. And these are actually for sale. I need to offload some of these. PM if interested (and in EU).
Maybe mine are less red than the original? All cuttings have the same flower colour and they came from a reliable source.

Last edited:
'Coronado Red'

Maybe mine are less red than the original?

Going to check on this one a bit more. This is not how 'Coronado Red' is supposed to look. But these were given to me by a reputable source. So I kinda withdraw this ID. This post shouldn't be used as a reference until I am sure.

Kirin - one of my back yard azaleas.

Name was changed by Domoto in 1916 when he brought Kurumes into the US to Coral Bells.

Then Wilson, with more political connections selected it in 1919 to be one of the “Wilson’s Fifty” as Daybreak. (He changed all the 50 names from Japanese to his own names, btw).

In the US Coral Bells stuck. In England and many other places the name is the original Kirin.

IMG_8744.jpeg

Cheers
DSD sends

Back
Top Bottom