Adam Lavine sick

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My friend and bonsai artist Adam Lavigne has been in the hospital with a blood infection and bowel blockage. He had to have emergency surgery a couple days ago and this morning he got his breathing tube removed. He's doing better but will need more surgery in the future so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Always a difficult time for family and friends to have a loved one ill during the holidays.

Best wishes for his speedy recovery

I hate to hear this....I have never met him but feel as if I know him well just by following his blog....He will be in our prayers.

Brian

Wow! I was reading his blogged and came back over t bnut and read this!
Hope he recovers! His sense of humor rocks.

I follow him on tumblr and have noticed no new posts. He is extremely talented and he work inspires me great.
I hope the best for him.

Met him at the 4th US National in Rochester. Great guy and I wish him the best and a speedy recovery!

Adam's Art? THAT Adam? I got his blog linked on Feedly... Didn't know he was sick! Sad stuff...

I follow him on tumblr and have noticed no new posts. He is extremely talented and he work inspires me great.
I hope the best for him.

Sorry. I forgot how to English.

Must've been a long day for me.

Any updates on his progress?
His blog is fantastic- I enjoy it very much

Post from Instagram/tumblr today :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87
He said (I'm paraphrasing) that he doesn't use forums because people are rude to each other on them and can't get along with disagreements about soil, whether or not certain plants can be considered bonsai (ginseng ficus), etc. That's what I understand, at least. Could be time issue as well.

I have learnt a bunch of soils on here, but stopped there and don't read those too much anymore, if it works, it works, period... in my opinion, no need to post about the soil you are using and no need to get in discussions if you don't want to.

He would be a huge asset if he ever gets in here! I looooove his blog and his twisted sense of humor makes it a lot more readable.

Glad to hear that he seems to be doing better. It's scary how quickly you can go from good health to crisis. I had a friend who suffered an intestinal obstruction a few years ago and also had surgery. Recovery was complete but took a while.

I hadn't seen his blog until this thread. He obviously puts a lot of time into the blog and I can understand why he'd choose to do that and stay away from forums. More and more people are making that choice.

It's definitely great news that he's feeling a little better. He really is one of "good guys", always ready to teach and share his love of bonsai. I've learned immensely from him and the study group he hosts.

I doubt we'll see him posting here, but you never know, I suppose. I think he feels the blog format better suits his writing style, and of course he spends a lot of time making old-fashioned, in-person bonsai connections.

he just posted this

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 66
Great news...He is getting to go home. Not the look I'm used to seeing on his face from his blog....But understandable none the less. Get well soon brother.

Brian

He was back in the hospital for a fever but says he gets to to home again tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom