A lot can happen in 5 years

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I took this photo recently and was struck with the twigginess the trees were starting to develop. It prompted me to look back at the same trees 5 years ago to see how they’ve come along. It’s good to look back a little to see progress. Let’s see your trees today and 5 years ago.
BC8021E6-8EF1-4A85-A86E-BFBA197CEEB6.jpegFBD2283F-C7AF-4802-B0ED-B9F8C6C5CE86.jpeg

I took this photo recently and was struck with the twigginess the trees were starting to develop. It prompted me to look back at the same trees 5 years ago to see how they’ve come along. It’s good to look back a little to see progress. Let’s see your trees today and 5 years ago.
View attachment 355132View attachment 355133
How tall is that Trident? I like the branching and base on that one.

Wow, thank you everyone for sharing your trees 😁. It's amazing how some are recognizable as the same tree 5 years later, and some look completely different! (to me) Definitely inspiration, though I'm nowhere near that mark with any of my trees (yet!)

Where there is still life...there is a journey to be had.

Spring 2014...decimated by an arctic winter. All that is left is the green section of trunk for this ryusen maple landscape tree.Less than a year under my belt in this hobby of ours. I told my husband..."This is bonsai" as he collected it for me. Looking at me like I was crazy...myself wondering if he might right.
20210218_204719.jpg
2020 image.
result_1605025779355.jpg

2016 and 2021, Shimpaku juniper from Evergreen Gardenworks.
View attachment 355258
So refined now! Wow...My husband wants me to add a pine. But...I just don't see the vision like ones do with juniper or pine. I live in an area where we have mostly deciduous trees. I'm wondering if that in lays the uncertainty. So enjoy your work!

View attachment 355132View attachment 355133
Gettin twiggy with it?

Back
Top Bottom