A, B, or C?

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
B! I like the movement of the left two and far right trees the best here. The far right tree is the most powerful and it has the curve of a tree coming out and up from a sloped landscape. Cool

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like B. It kind of makes me think they are on the side of a hill.,and each tree is reaching towards the sun up the side of the hill..

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'll make it unanimous (so far at least) and also go with B for the same reasons as listed above.

Kievnstavick

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I personally prefer A for the trunk lines, but you will have to play with the branches to make a more complete image. It gives me a slanting sort of vibe. Like growing in a valley where the winds blow through often.

B is pretty good as well as both the trunk lines and branches need less work to complete an image of the growing on a steep hill side. The far left tree looks out if place to me with that angle though. Mostly because it has so much movement compared to the other trunks.

C is my least preferred of the options, buy it does strike a good balance between A and B. Mostly in regards to the trunk lines having a more pronounced fanning effect.

I think C might look better if you tilt it at an angle (probably about half of B's tilt. Say 10 degrees or so.)

Cruiser

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks for the replies everyone.
This is good feedback so far.

A was the best fit in the pot without messing around too much. How things will look with the pot sitting flat.

B is how the group was growing together before collection. This view is A with one end of the pot propped up.

C is A, but with the two larger trees guyed horizontally to the right. It was an attempt to create space; and make the larger trees’ growth look more realistic while maintaining the outward slanted growth of the smaller two. It was also a chance to mess around with guy wiring at horizontal angles.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
B but with even more/higher tilt,

Then it would be like often seen along hillside logging road cuts, IMHO --> ultimately planted on a scoop or steep ramp slab

czaczaja

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
C looks better than A but B looks most natural overall.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Option B, planted on a slanted slab or rock. It looks like it should be growing on a hillside.

Cruiser

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
B is the closest, but I would tilt it further, another 5 to 10 degrees to the right.
B but with even more/higher tilt,

Then it would be like often seen along hillside logging road cuts, IMHO --> ultimately planted on a scoop or steep ramp slab

B1: more tilt to make middle tallest tree straight.
1699926269147.jpeg
B2 with even more tilt to put it past vertical. Growing on a steeper slope.
1699926364079.jpeg

Top Bottom