‘Prairie petite lilac’

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Here’s a couple images of a lilac bonsai in our collection…. In 2021 and 2022. Was wired in 2023, will see if I can gin up an image of the tree now.

FullSizeRender.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg

Likely not a lot of help as this tree is a different style.

One thing I did find out is lilac prefer a deeper media. See the media build up that was done during repot between the two photos. The tree calipered out well since.

cheers
DSD sends

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Here’s a couple images of a lilac bonsai in our collection…. In 2021 and 2022. Was wired in 2023, will see if I can gin up an image of the tree now.

View attachment 517466 View attachment 517467

Likely not a lot of help as this tree is a different style.

One thing I did find out is lilac prefer a deeper media. See the media build up that was done during repot between the two photos. The tree calipered out well since.

cheers
DSD sends
Ok, now I have to find one. I do have a dwarf Korean lilac in the landscape, I need to take some cuttings.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just remembered I was supposed to get someone some pics of the old ones down the road. I should do that.

Is it flowering yet? The general recommendation is to prune lilacs after they bloom early spring. There's nothing wrong with doing it now, or just as buds are pushing, like we often would for deciduous; you just may end up cutting off the flowers buds.
Mine in the landscape will get a second flush of growth in late summer, and all lilacs set flower buds in fall to be carried through winter. So autumn pruning is very much possible, but not if you're looking for flowers in spring.

Top Bottom