Will this work?

Here is a screenshot on how I have it set up currently. When summer is here in full swing, I'll change the settings. I think you can save 'profiles' in the application to make quick changes to presets for the changing seasons.

It's extremely useful. I was gone for over 48 hours the past few days in another county, and it was as easy as checking in with the camera system to see if it was watering. It even sends me notifications.
I find the 'manual' watering feature very helpful. Turn it on for a little water on warmer days or just a quick few seconds of a quick mist.
I've never seen that particular timer.
I once tried to use a 2 in one but never could get it to program correctly.

Just looked up that timer you have. That's pretty cool. Might have to consider that when mine wear out. I like that you can add the weather monitor to it to automatically shut off the timer

I prefer my trees get watered in the morning but I don't have enough time before work to go out and hand water.

Last edited:
I've never seen that particular timer.
I once tried to use a 2 in one but never could get it to program correctly.

Just looked up that timer you have. That's pretty cool. Might have to consider that when mine wear out. I like that you can add the rain monitor to it to automatically shut off the timer

I prefer my trees get watered in the morning but I don't have enough time before work to go out and hand water.
In my limited experience, it has been quite handy. There was a suggestion (maybe mandatory) to get the B-hyve (small $30) wi-fi hub that plugs into the wall closest to the system outside. It's possible you needed one of those before hooking up your dual watering system in the past? But it did take some tinkering and head scratching to figure it out -- YouTube was quite helpful when I ran into a few hiccups.

Hand watering or watering with a fine wand is always my go-to if I can help it. Otherwise I wouldn't know what shape my trees were in half the time...and what kind of mood the BRT is in for the day (so moody, that tree).

But life happens.

The trees would not get on as well as they could without it. Actually, these systems allow people to enjoy a hobby that they otherwise could not. I killed a batch of trees back in 2019 when I was pulled out of town for vacation/funeral/funeral, and I almost gave it up. Times like those, it's easy to throw your arms up. But something like this running in the background is certainly a lifeline if you can manage to get one.

In my limited experience, it has been quite handy. There was a suggestion (maybe mandatory) to get the B-hyve (small $30) wi-fi hub that plugs into the wall closest to the system outside. It's possible you needed one of those before hooking up your dual watering system in the past? But it did take some tinkering and head scratching to figure it out -- YouTube was quite helpful when I ran into a few hiccups.

Hand watering or watering with a fine wand is always my go-to if I can help it. Otherwise I wouldn't know what shape my trees were in half the time...and what kind of mood the BRT is in for the day (so moody, that tree).

But life happens.

The trees would not get on as well as they could without it. Actually, these systems allow people to enjoy a hobby that they otherwise could not. I killed a batch of trees back in 2019 when I was pulled out of town for vacation/funeral/funeral, and I almost gave it up. Times like those, it's easy to throw your arms up. But something like this running in the background is certainly a lifeline if you can manage to get one.

My two timers are not equipped with blue tooth. They are just programmable for once a day for however many days interval you want.

I used this the first time when I went to the International bonsai show in Rochester in 2016. Left it running for the week after. Trees seemed so happy with morning watering, I kept using it.

I do go out and do a walk through after work most days to make sure everything looks good and try to test the system on manual every couple of weeks if I don't get the chance to watch it during a regular watering time just to make sure it's all still running properly.

Not having to spend an hour plus just watering gives me more time for other things

Not having to spend an hour plus just watering gives me more time for other things

Good point. If a hobby hinders other affairs, find a solution.

There is not a wrong method of watering, just as there isn’t a wrong way to travel; walking will take longer to get there than a vehicle, but it gets you to the same place. Scenic route or convenience -- goals and circumstances. The trees do not care.

Good point. If a hobby hinders other affairs, find a solution.

There is not a wrong method of watering, just as there isn’t a wrong way to travel; walking will take longer to get there than a vehicle, but it gets you to the same place. Scenic route or convenience -- goals and circumstances. The trees do not care.

What if I watered with a firehose or travelled by trebuchet? 🤣

What if I watered with a firehose or travelled by trebuchet? 🤣
Touché.

"As I was saying, there are only a few outliers that come to mind with improper watering and travel methods. Let's first discuss trebuchets and firehoses..."

Back
Top Bottom