Would you buy this maple?

broken_branch

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Guy hasn't given me a price but ultimately would like to know if any of you nuts would buy this maple. Here's the tree in question received_278451987888719.jpegreceived_3293890607576200.jpegreceived_2332788276913893.jpegreceived_652956506970089.jpeg

Attachments

• received_2332788276913893.jpeg
    received_2332788276913893.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 17
I really love maples and would buy different varieties to add to the my collection but that one doesn't really have anything going for it. I personally would pass. Good luck

Nope. Based on the structure. Would have to chop or layer everything off and start over.
That said, if the price was right….. might be worth it.🤣

Upon further examination, I change my mind. You should definitely buy this tree. IMG_9973.jpegWow.

Honestly...I wouldn't even take it for free. That's me. I tend to look for initially good bones. So it has my attention while we walk the journey together.

I think it wise you asked ones opinions. But truly study styles of trees. See which style within the hobby appeals to you the most...and see if you can find material that you can go in that direction.

Best of luck to you.

It’s only use would be for air layers.

You could aquire it, but the ugly graft and the two similar sized branches will need to be addressed. The grafted stock will need to be airlayered off. Do be aware that this would be a project.

If you want a project to expirement on and have the space/time for it, then sure go for it. I'd only buy it for what a nursery would charge for it at the most.

I am not sure if the parent maple will bud from almost roots, but it could be something interesting.

Lol yeah everything I have so far is a project. I went ham on big box clearance. All junk to play with and this would be just more of that in my eyes

No, as in never! To much wrong with it so why waste the time. Do we know anything about it like what it is etc? I've seen gutter growing maples that looked better than this one.

PS: If Autumn moon, they have huge leaves me thinks.

I think the only answer is,…it depends.🤣
Would I buy this tree to make into Bonsai? No.
Would I buy this tree for very cheap, and make cuttings/layers? Sure.

No, I have learned that quality is greater than quantity in terms of my trees. Your situation may be different now but most people who stay in the hobby long enough eventually realize this.

Offer him free 👍

Or have him offer you 10 bucks to take it from him 🤑

Back
Top Bottom