7a

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
hey bud no disrespect, thanks for the suggestion
Hey a mug has a handle too!

In my experience sometimes having just a little something extra to hold on to is worth it. I've drop some plants before thinking I had a good grasp on them........and I can palm a basketball too ;)

It isn't fun when you break some branches cause a tree fell.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Second tree to go into the other box is my Jim Doyle Mikawa Yatsabusa JM. I was originally going to airlayer under what I was told to be a witches broom but instead I have now decided to make that branch a feature branch and change the orientation of the tree from an upright to a semi cascade. I have never done this and maybe someone with my low experience shouldn't have attempted this but I felt the best way to learn is to jump in with both feet. When I was raking the roots out I noticed there was styrofoam under the top layer of dirt, I cut back maybe a little less than a third of the roots to get the majority of it out, I couldn't get it all out. I was unable to center it better in the pot with out taking more roots off so I did my best. After putting top dressing on I noticed a few roots sticking out of the surface so I covered it all with moss.

IMG_20200301_153031_01.jpg
20200301_171923.jpg20200301_171930.jpg

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey a mug has a handle too!

In my experience sometimes having just a little something extra to hold on to is worth it. I've drop some plants before thinking I had a good grasp on them........and I can palm a basketball too ;)

It isn't fun when you break some branches cause a tree fell.
im thinking of adding hooks in the sides so I can guy wire the branches down

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Wooden shipping pallets are often free. The wood is a good deal tougher than pine boards and doesn't split like cedar fence boards can. Check craigslist.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wooden shipping pallets are often free. The wood is a good deal tougher than pine boards and doesn't split like cedar fence boards can. Check craigslist.
I didn't use cedar fence boards, wanted something thicker, thanks for the suggestion but all i own is a hammer and some nails, not really looking to buy a bunch of tools.

Top Bottom