Who knows a potter in the US that can make a really good rectangle?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I spent some good money on several Lang pots but they just didn't hold up in the FL sun. All the glazes and the colors have disappeared or started to on the sunny sides in less than 3 yrs. I was very disappointed.

View attachment 182441View attachment 182442View attachment 182443
I spent some good money on several Lang pots but they just didn't hold up in the FL sun. All the glazes and the colors have disappeared or started to on the sunny sides in less than 3 yrs. I was very disappointed.

View attachment 182441View attachment 182442View attachment 182443
I've had this happen on a few pots, none of Lang's, but some English-made pots I have have had this a little. I believe it has to do with the type of glaze--I'm no ceramicist by any means, just saying what I've seen on some pots. I think Glazes that are oversprayed over a base glaze can sometimes do this, oxidize overspray glazes can do it too from what I've seen. Glazes that have no overspray or second top glaze don't. Handling the pots can exaggerate the loss, particularly if you regularly pick it up at the same contact points.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is this the pot you posted earlier in this thread? Very rustic. I think it works nice, but, what would I know?:D:D:D

Some close-up glamor shots, perhaps? Foliage looks pretty dang content, nice horts in shorts!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its gonna look extra good when cleaned up to red and dead!

Nice!

Hope it's wired in tight so.....

You don't have a loose Cannon!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would love it of you threw a black sheet over that blue stand.

When the work deserves it.....do it!

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would love it of you threw a black sheet over that blue stand.

When the work deserves it.....do it!

Sorce
I don't think Im a "black sheet" type of guy. "Red and Dead" nice, I have not heard that before. It would make a nice effect to clean off the bark on this one buuuuttt I don't think I will at least not now... maybe in the future.

Top Bottom