Whirlwind UK Trip

BuggsBalmer

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I live in South Africa, and have a well established set of bonsai nurseries and retailers that I visit for new materials. I happen to be in the UK at the moment (until the end of the month), and I've been blown away at the species and cultivars available just in the standard nurseries. Absolutely magical.

If anyone has any places to recommend pretty much from Cambridge eastwards, please could you be so kind as to post suggestions here! I have a little bit of time, and would love to spend it at nurseries with good material, as opposed to looking for nurseries worth a visit. I'm particularly interested in conifer varieties or Japanese Maples, and any suggestions would be appreciated. I've had a look online, but obviously there's nothing like walking around looking at stock I can only dream of back home.

Lastly, if anyone has any experience moving plant material between the UK and South Africa, that would also be great information to hear. Seems like a lengthy and expensive process from what I can see.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom