What type of Root Pouch is best.

TrevorLarsen

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I didn’t see a post on this exact topics, but sorry if it has been discussed. I was wondering what type of Root Pouch people recommend the most. There are 5 different “lines” as they put it. The lines are the “Boxer” the “Black Line” the “Grey Line” the “Charcoal line” and finally the “Thin Black Line”.

There is information about each one on their site, but I was just wondering what lines people have used and what they have used them for. I am just not sure which one is best.

Also if anyone has a place they recommend buying them at that would be helpful too.

I did some fall repotting and Im trying the Black, Thin Black and Charcoal in various sizes. The 1 and 2 gal sizes were folded in half to reduce the height. I would prefer more size is the 5-6" tall range. However, I think the quart and half quart sizes are good as is for cuttings and seedlings.
You definitely have to water more, even in winter. Also, not much to tie into for developed stock. However, it should help my younger stock get that fine root growth.

Mine are the light grey meant to be buried. I have the 3 quart (?)l, seems to be a good size.

I didn’t see a post on this exact topics, but sorry if it has been discussed. I was wondering what type of Root Pouch people recommend the most. There are 5 different “lines” as they put it. The lines are the “Boxer” the “Black Line” the “Grey Line” the “Charcoal line” and finally the “Thin Black Line”.

There is information about each one on their site, but I was just wondering what lines people have used and what they have used them for. I am just not sure which one is best.

Also if anyone has a place they recommend buying them at that would be helpful too.
I can speak to quality differences by name but have used 3 different manufacturers, including Root Pouch specifically. The main qualities that I would say matter most: durability and breathability. For my root pouches I might have gone with a grey and a brown bag/different sizes and can't claim that I've "seen" a difference. I primarily made my choices based on a balance of cost and size. And all things being equal, if possible I would choose the lighter grey over black for less heat.

I think I actually ordered my Root Pouches specifically through Lowes.

Did you end up getting any of these?

I got some included with my grow tent and put a tiger bark ficus in one, seems good in the tent but now I'm wondering if it'll get to dry in the summer. Although I remember seeing @Maiden69 using them in Texas. I also put a JBP in another one today.

Did you end up getting any of these?

I got some included with my grow tent and put a tiger bark ficus in one, seems good in the tent but now I'm wondering if it'll get to dry in the summer. Although I remember seeing @Maiden69 using them in Texas. I also put a JBP in another one today.

Yeah I got some grey ones. I planted my Seiju into one the other day. I’ll use the other 6 or so soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5833.jpeg
    IMG_5833.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5839.jpeg
    IMG_5839.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom