What I should do for the Soil temperature when germinating cherry blossom bonsai seeds in summer.

Reaction score
I have three containers and bought these seeds during somewhere late spring. This is my first time doing growing up a bonsai seeds. Right now it is scorching sun and it is summer here where they climb over 30 degrees Celsius or 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know what to do on where I can give them direct sunlight and I need help. Also I'm new here.

I have three containers and bought these seeds during somewhere late spring. This is my first time doing growing up a bonsai seeds. Right now it is scorching sun and it is summer here where they climb over 30 degrees Celsius or 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know what to do on where I can give them direct sunlight and I need help. Also I'm new here.
Plant them in soil. Keep the soil moist. Summer temps (80 F šŸ˜†) ain't gonna hurt em. I have a cherry tree in my front yard. It's seeds grow even after summer temps over 100 F...

Oh ok. This is my first time growing up plants especially cherry blossom bonsai seeds since they are not for beginner and I was also thinking growing Japanese maple since they are for beginner friendly and I get a bit worried when it gets very hot. When I done research it says to keep it somewhere not more than 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Flowering apricots and cherries over here tend to require stratification first. That's when they're soaked for a couple days, then placed in the fridge until they hatch and then placed outdoors.
We have hundreds if not thousands of cherry seeds in the lawn each year and just a couple germinate.

Flowering apricots and cherries over here tend to require stratification first. That's when they're soaked for a couple days, then placed in the fridge until they hatch and then placed outdoors.
We have hundreds if not thousands of cherry seeds in the lawn each year and just a couple germinate.
I already did stratification. My question is how to take care of the cherry blossom seeds from the scorching sun since I started at summer for the germinating process.

A kind note on terminology: a cherry blossom is a flower, not a tree. The tree itself is just a cherry tree or a flowering cherry.

I already did stratification. My question is how to take care of the cherry blossom seeds from the scorching sun since I started at summer for the germinating process.
Alright I think I read it wrong. How deep is your pot or tray? Even if the top side is baking, as long as there is some deep soil below they will probably be unaffected.
Otherwise, put them in the half shade if you can or maybe build a mosquito mesh frame to prevent your tray or pots from cooking.
One of the things i run into with high heat is that I have to choose between the possibility of wilting from too much water, or dessication from too little water.
So some seedlings go under my benches for a while.

Birds love to yank them out though. So a frame is a thing you might want to consider.

Also try to add your general location to your profile, it might help others in advising you.

Back
Top Bottom