What happens when a big tree hits a bigger tree...

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
really sorry to see this. I know how it feels. I had a tree come down and smash my work area and one of my benches in october 2016. lost 4 trees.

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
These photos have been heartwrenching. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope that you remember that it's OK to reach out for help with the cleanup effort if you need it. If I were anywhere near you I'd have volunteered already.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Wow, I can't even imagine....... I got pissed when my son knocked one of my trees off it's shelf.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Terrible stuff Dave! I hope the holidays can bring you the joy you need after something like this. I just got horrible news myself, my favourite old uncle died in a house fire last night. Tough news...
Oh my goodness, so sorry. Kind of puts things into perspective.

Ingvill

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh, this is just horrible, I'm so sorry for you Dave :-(
I really don't know what to say :-(
Glad to hear no people got hurt though.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Terrible stuff Dave! I hope the holidays can bring you the joy you need after something like this. I just got horrible news myself, my favourite old uncle died in a house fire last night. Tough news...
How tragic...heart felt condolences and prayers for comfort as family,friends and the community who knew him grieve. So sorry to have learned of your Favorite uncle passing in such fashion.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Clean up started yesterday. I found the remnants of an accessory planting that had once been in a very nice Waldo Street pottery pot. I also found my little chojubai I picked up this past summer Minus about 1/3 of the branches it had last week.
C7BD5674-7316-44BC-A377-65E63392D740.jpeg BF3D14B0-CD89-4155-A7B1-8CA7306111F4.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Texture...love the combination textures...and you either love him or hate him. He's...quirky! When I die...it will go to Goodwill. My boys don't want it. Lol he's been known to scare a child or two.

@DAVE...The chojubai...even with the loss of branches...it still has great movement and is a nice piece. Just needs cleaned up a bit from the damage. But...still a nice piece. Which...I am glad to see. Worried about the Goji Berry...recall you saying it took damage as well.

Great pottery broken is such a shame.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a

@DAVE...The chojubai...even with the loss of branches...it still has great movement and is a nice piece. Just needs cleaned up a bit from the damage. But...still a nice piece. Which...I am glad to see. Worried about the Goji Berry...recall you saying it took damage as well.

Great pottery broken is such a shame.
I agree, but the chojubai was partially ripped out of the pot and had a lot of damage to the root system. I'm not sure how this one will fare this winter, now.

That pot was one of my favorites... nice creamy glaze with lots of darker drips.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I agree, but the chojubai was partially ripped out of the pot and had a lot of damage to the root system. I'm not sure how this one will fare this winter, now.

That pot was one of my favorites... nice creamy glaze with lots of darker drips.
Oh that doesn't sound good...really hoping it pulls through.

Sorry about the pot as well. I have a few pots I would hate seeing broken. Worth repairing?

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The irony is that I love bonsai trees so much that when we were scouting homes, my wife would say "This house is perfect!" Then I would say to her "Yeah, but it has too many trees in the backyard!" This proves me right... Sorry for your loss @Dav4

Top Bottom