What happens when a big tree hits a bigger tree...

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man, that looks ugly. Glad the snow over here wasn't quite so damaging. I did have a hawthorn in the ground fall over from the weight.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
A snow laden pine finally snapped over this afternoon and took out a larger oak that was partially rotted through. Lost my red pine... no branches on it. All my chojubais lost branches but should make it. My Goji berry took a beating, as did some large maples, my large azalea, Mavis the yew, and others. I'd say the silver lining is that I now have lots of free space on my benches for new trees, but alas, my bench space is down by 40% at the moment. I guess I'll be re-doing my benches and irrigation system shortly...:(.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A snow laden pine finally snapped over this afternoon and took out a larger oak that was partially rotted through. Lost my red pine... no branches on it. All my chojubais lost branches but should make it. My Goji berry took a beating, as did some large maples, my large azalea, Mavis the yew, and others. I'd say the silver lining is that I now have lots of free space on my benches for new trees, but alas, my bench space is down by 40% at the moment. I guess I'll be re-doing my benches and irrigation system shortly...:(.
That’s awful! And I thought I had it bad with no power!

When I saw the Jin on that trunk, I thought it looked familiar...:(

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No lie... I'm sitting in my living room sipping on an IPA with tears in my eyes. I'll feel better tomorrow, but it aint going to happen today.

You'll have something rise up out of the ashes like a Phoenix and you will have a good story to tell about it guaranteed!

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Two bottles of red wine did it last time, for a while. I feel your pain.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Oh no. I'm sorry this happened, ive lost trees half the caliber of yours and it stung, I cant imagine... wishing you the best @Dav4

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Don't know what to say other than I would be drinking something much stronger than an IPA.
Two bottles of red wine did it last time, for a while. I feel your pain.
Sipping on my 3rd IPA... bourbon is in the freezer

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow I didn’t realize it was more than the red pine and that alone is devastating. Sorry to hear there was much more damage.

Hopefully the rebound purchases dull the pain!

Top Bottom