Vinny’s Little Leaf Linden

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
A couple months ago, I got a Little Leaf Linden from a local grower. The tree had been field grown, but was recently dug up and put in bonsai soil. It had been growing vigorously; I had to cut off several feet to fit it in my Honda Civic.

It’s now early summer here, and I have lots of buds popping out of old wood. The tree is growing strong, so I decided to chop a little.

Before.

1D9358E5-1B96-44F0-BBA9-B1F7F826677D.jpeg

After.

8BC124EC-6232-474A-8D27-284260DFA5CA.jpeg
6DC03894-163F-4C7C-B739-9E0B5ED8883E.jpeg

Now I’ll let it grow while it recovers. There’s a heat wave on the way that’ll bring a couple 90+ degree days, so I may hide it in the shade on those days.

Updates to come!

How has this responded? I find linden to be a hit or miss species with summer regrowth; I have had them sulk for all of summer to only explode the next spring.

How has this responded? I find linden to be a hit or miss species with summer regrowth; I have had them sulk for all of summer to only explode the next spring.
Lots of buds and shoot extensions. We just had a week long heat wave that slowed it down, but it’s ready to rock again now, I think. I’ll take some pics when I’m home.

I have been training a low branch on a landscape tree for future airlayering and last spring I pruned the branch after growth hardened off and it didn't respond with any new growth all season. This year it has put out a lot of extensions, I might try to put an airlayer on it this week.

Back
Top Bottom