Unsolicited pictures of my P.P.

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
I finally have a warm place with a backdrop to wire and photograph trees, so I hope to share the progress of my princess persimmons here.

This tree is very late ripening. Still some green in December. Next year will be ridiculous for fruit. I will put it in a blue or green pot eventually.
1701974342018.png

I am constantly pruning this semi-cascade one so it never gets to fruit, but they are smallish orange. The current pot is oversize to get faster growth. I have a green pot it will go in eventually.
1701974673535.png
Same cascade tree in 2019
1701978170656.png

This is a non-traditional wild tree, like a literati dragon
1701974504616.png

I am a sucker for forests and group plantings and I have too many to keep up. They require a lot of time to wire. You want all the trees to have the same genetics so they fruit the same.

No fruit on this one this year because it was repotted, but it usually a stunner.
1701974907211.png

I like the straightness of this one. I lost two trees due to repotting in spring and I wont do that again. But the roots are still alive and both dead trees have new trees coming up.
1701981790344.png

This one is massive, over 3 feet tall with about 25 trees
1701980867266.png

Work in progress. This one is neat because it is a clump and joined at the base and the fruit are a nice red. Will be nice one day
1701980898752.png

More to come! I will keep adding here as I wire and style this winter and beyond!

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Nice !! I try not to touch my P.P too much to risk scarring but seeing you use aluminum without that whatever paper people use I may do some tweaking.
Hopefully my P.P. Fruits this year I was alittle rough on the poor guy
It is indeed risky to leave your P.P unprotected, just check for biting often in Spring. I uncoil a little bit and check for blackness. You can get away with a little bite, the tree will lighten over time. I only go bareback if the bend is light. Usually by June it will come off. Then another round goes on in summer and off again in fall.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Time to ship those root cuttings buddy lol.

circledisk

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It's a shame they'll never be big enough to eat. I LOVE persimmon

czaczaja

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had no idea peppers grew wooden stems 🤣

Dabbler